My "NOT" Bantu KNOTSTYLE *LOTS OF PICS*

you have very pretty hair:yep:

Very lovely hairstyles! Your creativity is excellent!

I like it. And your hair is gorgeous.

very pretty, me likey a lot :)

that's cute!

Just gorgeous! Your hair is beautiful, and this style is fierce! Love it!

Thank you ladies so much!! :) Although DH was like, "in the mirror with pics again???":rolleyes: I was like, psssshhhh "before I remove this, I gotta show the ladies..." :)

Very beautiful! Tutorial please.......

wooowwwww
lovely hair!! and lovely style! teach us!!

oh wow, your hair is gorgeous. I love the style. would also like a tut.

goegeous! You have to make a tut!!!!

Thank you ladies!!! :) I haven't worked my way to tutorials, perhaps the next time I do my knots, I will take a photo play by play... although, each time may yield a different result, but that leaves room for creativity :)
For now, I will try and detail a step by step list:yep:

• I washed my hair the week before and had flat ironed it straight (pics are in the fotki)... After about a week its sort of in an in between stage... not quite ready to wash, but needs some sort of sprucing up.
  • Just before bed, I sectioned a triangle in the front (think triangle part for bangs-- so this will be a small Knot. For this Knot, I comb, add {insert your product of choice} I used Shescentit seyani butter. I applied this to the length and made sure to put some on the ends. I twist counter clockwise (so its laying against my head when I unwind it.)
  • Then I part in the middle and section to just at my ears (think two ponytails sectioning)
  • Apply your product and wind your knot--- Based on my preference of how I like my hair to lay-- On the left of my head, I knot counterclockwise... On the right, clockwise.
  • High middle knot; 2-3 back knots
  • Add a small section in the back on your side of preference (remember the small back bang??? It not a whole back bang or a half... so maybe I will call this 1/4 back bang) this will be a smaller knot like the front bangs.
  • You should have 7-8 knots, depending on the thickness of your hair. Wrap in your scarf...
  • Next day, unwind your knots, but do not separate. I start from the front and work my way back.
  • Pull the knot to a point and hold that with a finger and grab another knot and put that under the same point, then pin it. Do this until all knots are coming to a point. Your hair should be loosely pinned.
  • Now you can go back and spread your knots (for coverage and fullness) then pin per your preference for style.
  • TIP: Tuck your ends like or add an accessory, those are great for hiding imperfections ;)
  • Last, separate the bantu knot in the front to fall on both sides of your face. Separate the small knot in the back.
I hope that those instructions are helpful :)

*I may post a final front pic for a few moments, so you ladies can see the front look...

I absolutely love this, and the little butterfly pin too! I need to up my accessories game :yep:

ETA: WOW! I just noticed you've been transitioning for 18 whole MONTHS, and still going strong, now I'm even more impressed, instructions please!

Kisses, thank you, that clip was for dd:rolleyes:, but I needed something to cover the hair I had pulled to a point... :grin: and I didn't have many bobby pins... FIXED that the next day, picked up some from Walgreens.

Yes, I have been transitioning for a while and it has definitely been an experience. I'm retraining my hair. You can see my start to now in my fotki :) I finally added texture shots, wet hair and airdried hair... best wishes with your transition!!! :)

This is very pretty. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thank you!!! I was soooo excited, I had not styled my hair this way before... so I wanted to capture it in case I could not duplicate it :)

Beautiful...My hair isn't as long as yours, but I think I may try this, good lookin' out!

Your hair looks long enough to do this... and my hair is "in progress" :lachen:as long as you can make knots you can create an updo... try it!!!! :)

I like what you did. Often times a bantu knot out gone wrong makes for a beautiful up do :yep:

Thank you!!! I was worried because, I try to play safe when I have to work the next day... I don't have time to be fussing with my hair:grin:

Thats so cute.

OMG Dlewis!!! (hair groupie voice LOL:lachen::lachen::lachen:)
Thank you!!! your hair is an inspiration:yep::lick:

Very pretty!

I like it! :yep:
Very pretty.

oooh, your hair is pretty!♥

Looks nice.

Oooooh that's so cute!!!!

I love it.

Thank you soooooo much ladies!!! :) :yep:

Me likey. It looks really cute.

gorgeous hair!!

your hair turned out really nice!

YOUR HAIR IS ONE OF THE HEALTHIEST I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! GORGEOUS!!! :notworthy::notworthy:

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
awwwwww thank you... its a work in progress
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Your hair turned out beautiful!!!

this is beautiful!!!

Lovely style!!!

That is a Very Creative and Beautiful Style, Did You Create it Yourself or did You get the idea from elsewhere? That is absolutely scrumptious :lick:, I can't wait for My Mini-Challenge to be over so I can try!

Thank you very much!!! On day 1 it was a rushed decision without much direction. Day 2, I felt more comfortable... and I allowed myself a little more time. As I started pinning I determined that I was going for a classy, elegant updo (along the lines of the 20's pincurl look, though I didn't have pincurls). We had to take work photos.

Last edited:
Soooo pretty! I've been wanting a style like this, but had no idea how to create it. Thanks for sharing :)

now that is a beautiful protective style!

Thank you very much!!! :)

I can't believe how much I actually enjoyed these styles... I did another today... I have a "new kick" im on:spinning::drunk: that is until my "hair goodies" arrive, then I may go back to cowashing (cold as it is):look:

I love this style. I actually have bantu knots in my hair right now.
If they don't turn out well, I am going to try and create your look for church in the morning.

I love this style. I actually have bantu knots in my hair right now.
If they don't turn out well, I am going to try and create your look for church in the morning.

Thank you!!! :) Let us know how it goes and be sure to take PICS:grin:

Very pretty, I'm def. gonna try this one.:yep:

this is nice

It's beautiful, on both days :)

Very pretty hair! I love the clip too!

Wow your hair is really pretty!

Thank you ladies!!! :):drunk:

This style is uberly creative and pretty. I wish I could do something like that with my hair. Great job!

Back