My "NOT" Bantu KNOTSTYLE *LOTS OF PICS*

acapnleo

Hello ladies!:) I decided to put a few "knots" in my hair and go to bed... I have not had much success with them on my whole head, but rather some sections turn out better than others. Anyway, the next morning, I remove my wrap and start to unwind my knots and they had some definition by hung moreso to me like limp noodles:lachen::ohwell:
So I decided, i would PIN my wavy limp noodles loosely on my head and here are the results...

Back view... from my car... yes, I was excited to capture the look after work... I had been waiting all day to take pics... (the butterfly clips had glitter and a few dropped, kinda looked like flakes:ohwell:)

protectivestyle-vi.jpg

Top View
topview-vi.jpg

Side View

anotherviewofmyprotectivestyle-vi.jpg

Another Back View
protectivestylebackview-vi.jpg

That night, I decided I would try my hand at this again... knowing good and well, I probably would never be able to duplicate this style again... and I was right... here are the results for the next day...

Again... leaving work and I try to capture a pic...

anotherupdo-vi.jpg

On our way home... we stop for KFC... and I had to "use" the bathroom:rolleyes:
... Hey! don't knock it :grin:

anotherviewofmyupdo-vi.jpg

DD joins in and takes a pic for me

ddhelpedtakethispic-vi.jpg

Side pic for more detail

topsideangle-vi.jpg

Top View...
topangle-vi.jpg

Another Side View...

rightview-vi.jpg

ok, last one...

leftview-vi.jpg

With this style, I had about 6-7 random knots and the bangs area in its own separate knot for definition, same for a small section (in the back). I used Shescentit butter on the length / ends and created my knots and wrapped my hair... In the morning, I unwrapped the knots and brought them to a point at the top of my head. I used misc pins to push the curls closer to my head, which you can see the bobby pins. In the front, I separated that hair so it fell on both sides of my face, same for the back.

Thanks for looking... :)

I absolutely love this, and the little butterfly pin too! I need to up my accessories game :yep:

ETA: WOW! I just noticed you've been transitioning for 18 whole MONTHS, and still going strong, now I'm even more impressed, instructions please!

Last edited:
That is a Very Creative and Beautiful Style, Did You Create it Yourself or did You get the idea from elsewhere? That is absolutely scrumptious :lick:, I can't wait for My Mini-Challenge to be over so I can try!

Back