My new wig*LOTS OF PICS*

shadylane21

(I posted this on the wig challenge thread, but don't know how many people go in there anymore)
O.K. heres my 1st wig! Please let me know if you guys like it or not, this is my 1st full wig so any suggestions are welcomed! Please respond because I don't want to rock this to work tommorow if i'm lookin a hot mess!:lachen:

allmypicyures1229.jpg

allmypicyures1226.jpg

allmypicyures1225.jpg

allmypicyures1217.jpg

allmypicyures1216.jpg

allmypicyures1213.jpg

You are very pretty. I think the wig may be a bit much and distracts and detracts from your very regal features.

I think if the bangs were more side swept it would highlight your pretty eyes.

That being said, if I saw you out in public I would think to myself that wig is a pretty color. I wouldn't go holy Cr**p what does she have on her head??

You are very pretty. I think the wig may be a bit much and distracts and detracts from your very regal features.

I think if the bangs were more side swept it would highlight your pretty eyes.

That being said, if I saw you out in public I would think to myself that wig is a pretty color. I wouldn't go holy Cr**p what does she have on her head??

LMAO at the above:lachen:. I love that this wig is such a diffrent color and love going to work and throwing everyone off:lachen: . Oh how much vinager do i use to cut the shine and does it have to be ACV or can it be regular?

BUMPING ***** This is a cute wig and it does suit your complexion. I also would like to know if the ACV works on any wig no matter the color?

You are very beautiful and I adore the cut but it all honesty I think the colour is way off. Its probably because the wig is shiny and very synthetic looking but It does not really compliment or highlight ur best features like your eyes.

I think a brown with honey highlights will be gorgeous on you, exact cut and all, and it certainly wouldnt look so or plastic.

Or if you would like to be in trend with the whole gothic look thats in this winter with the deep plums and dark makeup, a black wig will be fabulous too, very rihannaesque...exact cut of this wig though! I love the cut on you...

*back to lurk mode* :)

I think it is too light. I'm sorry. I think you would look great with dark brown and maybe blonde highlights. But in the end I know you'll do what makes you happy. And if you really do like it and feel comfortable that is all that matters.

Last edited:
I think it is too light. I'm sorry. I think you would look great with dark brown and maybe blonde highlights. But in the end I know you'll do what makes you happy. And if you really do like it and feel comfortable that is all that matters.

IA I think the style really frames your face well and you have options of wearing the fringe to one side or just straight but I think a brown or a dark colour as the base with light highlights would look amazing on you and really natural.. I'm sure this will be the 1st of many wigs and it is best to have varied styles for different occasions..

I'd like to know more about how to reduce shine too.. anyone with more info?

Isn't this a great forum when you can ask...How do I look from the privacy of your own home and all the E-sistas come to help...:yep:

I've never been a fan of blonde so I'm already biased there. I do like how it frames your face so the shape is very nice but I think a darker color would be the bomb. Maybe the shine is also bothering me. Someone said if she saw you she'd say "That's a nice wig." If it were me, I'd hope they'd go "That's a nice cut...or is it a wig?" I have always preferred the "not so obvious" look. That's why I also like subtle makeup. When I wear my phony afro puff, most people can't tell it isn't my real afro puff. So I tend to go for that effect.

ETA, another thing that makes the wig style very nice is it isn't abnormally huge. When someone has a huge wig with a lot of hair, it looks very obviously fake. But heck, what do I know. There was Sylver being "yelled" at by a Korean lady for having too much hair (bad weave?). :lachen: So even a lot of hair can be real.

Last edited:
I like it.

I think wearing that color sometimes is fine and you can have fun with it.

On a regular basis, I think a darker color is better.

I like the style. Do you mind tellin g me which wig that is?

I like the wig and you are pretty,but the color is too light....anyways what did you decide to do?Did you wear it to work?

Thanks for all the replies ladies!:yep: I did decide to wear the wig yesterday and while it looks really shiney on the pics, it wasn't that shiney in person;however, I did use some powder and it gor rid of the shine. It looked a lot better in person as well when I was dressed and had my make-up done. Everyone thought I cut and dyed it:lachen:untill today when I went in with my black Rhianna wig on:lachen:

Back