My new tree braids

Silkycoils

Hi all,

Here a quick pic of my new tree braids. I'll post more pics on my Fotki later. :)

350qo9x.jpg

435gl7n.jpg

2chkhua.jpg

455nhxe.jpg

these are the braids underneath. Sorry . . . I haven't stepped into the Millenium yet . . . I'm still using my camera phone, lol.

Last edited:
They look wonderful, be very careful about pulling into tight ponytails and make sure you keep your hair well moisturized and take gentle care of your hairline.

I know you probably already knew this, but just want to make sure that you stay safe:)

Treebraids are a beautiful and glamorous style but they can be very harmful if they aren't taken care of properly...I know this first hand:(

Silky,

They look beautiful!

Did you do them yourself or went to a braid shop?

I'm still tyring to figure out how I can do this myself!

CD

For those of you who do not know what tree braids are... "WHEN YOU ARE BRAIDING YOU PULL STRANDS FROM THE STRANDS THAT YOU ARE BRAIDING. WHEN ITS COMPLETED IT WILL LOOK MORE LIKE A HEAD FULL OF HAIR RATHER THAN BRAIDS"

I hope DSD doesn't mind me posting the first two pics

treebraides010-vi.jpg

treebraides018-vi.jpg

Your end result:

hair_extensions.jpg

HTH:)

Last edited:
Miss.Que said:
For those of you who do not know what tree braids are... "WHEN YOU ARE BRAIDING YOU PULL STRANDS FROM THE STRANDS THAT YOU ARE BRAIDING. WHEN ITS COMPLETED IT WILL LOOK MORE LIKE A HEAD FULL OF HAIR RATHER THAN BRAIDS"

I hope DSD doesn't mind me posting these first two pics

treebraides010-vi.jpg

treebraides018-vi.jpg

The end result...

hair_extensions.jpg
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiEVi...2bk22s49/EXP=1169152405/**http://margaretsbra

the pictures didn't show up here but I put it in my browser and saw it. Its the kind of thing that you need strong hair for. At least thats what it looks like.

Miss.Que said:

I hope DSD doesn't mind me posting the first two pics

treebraides010-vi.jpg

treebraides018-vi.jpg

Your end result:

hair_extensions.jpg

I have been wanting tree braids for the longest, I'm just a scaredy cat:)

trimbride said:
They look wonderful, be very careful about pulling into tight ponytails and make sure you keep your hair well moisturized and take gentle care of your hairline.

I know you probably already knew this, but just want to make sure that you stay safe:)

Treebraids are a beautiful and glamorous style but they can be very harmful if they aren't taken care of properly...I know this first hand:(

Thank you. I plan on washing and moisturizing weekly as well as doing nettle rinses to strengthen the hair. =)

Hidden_Angel said:
howmuch them bad boys cost? had to been an easy $200-400 (here they cost 330)

$100--I'm in ATL. Let me know if anyone wants the number.

Thanks to all for the kind words. She didn't braid too tight either. I paid $110 b/c of my "long" hair.

Silkynaps said:

Thanks to all for the kind words. She didn't braid too tight either. I paid $110 b/c of my "long" hair.

That price is unreal compared to what folks are paying. You sure you want to share your info????:lol: She might get delugedddd with customers!

p1

patient1 said:
That price is unreal compared to what folks are paying. You sure you want to share your info????:lol: She might get delugedddd with customers!

p1

Sure and I'm sure she wouldn't either. She's the cutest thing and has a darling daughter. =)

Hmmm...so is all of your real hair braided up? I'm still a little confused. I want to get some braids in the next couple of days, but want to make sure I get a style with all of my reall hair protected and no ends left out. Last time I got micros, some of my ends were left out and my hair broke off. This looks so nice!!

Your's look gorgeous. I want to look cool too :cool:, and am looking for someone to put some tree braids in my hair. I live in the Washington DC area and am willing to travel to Northern Virginia or Southern Maryland just outside DC. Please send me contact information if you know of someone local who can help me out. :p

Silkynaps said:

How long did you buy the hair? I want to get some next week. In Detroit they charge $200 plus for them braids.

Back