My new moisturiser

butterfly_wings

Hi, I haven’t been on here in a while but I had to tell you all about this moisturiser I made the other day!!! It is so nice, I have found my ends and scalp to be very dry this winter so much so that I have to wash my hair twice a week instead of once.

Anyway the mixture is made from melting down coconut oil until it is turns to liquid, then I poured it into a shallow glass jar, I then added about 5 table spoons of olive oil followed by 2 tablespoons of AO honeysuckle and rose conditioner, I mixed it all together with a teaspoon and put it in the fridge to set. I then took it out and leave it in room temperature.

I was surprised how creamy it was and spreadable, it is like a butter, normally my coconut oil sets really hard and has white clumps in it when it is cold but this is so much nicer, I usually love how coconut oil works with my hair but this is 10 times better with just 2 added ingredients!

Give it a try!!!

I also think I might make a body version and mix 2 tablespoons of my favourite cream rather than conditioner.

Hi, I haven’t been on here in a while but I had to tell you all about this moisturiser I made the other day!!! It is so nice, I have found my ends and scalp to be very dry this winter so much so that I have to wash my hair twice a week instead of once.

Anyway the mixture is made from melting down coconut oil until it is turns to liquid, then I poured it into a shallow glass jar, I then added about 5 table spoons of olive oil followed by 2 tablespoons of AO honeysuckle and rose conditioner, I mixed it all together with a teaspoon and put it in the fridge to set. I then took it out and leave it in room temperature.

I was surprised how creamy it was and spreadable, it is like a butter, normally my coconut oil sets really hard and has white clumps in it when it is cold but this is so much nicer, I usually love how coconut oil works with my hair but this is 10 times better with just 2 added ingredients!

Give it a try!!!

I also think I might make a body version and mix 2 tablespoons of my favourite cream rather than conditioner.

Hmmm... that sounds pretty good. I may need to give that a try. I too have been experiencing some dryness since the cold weather has come through here in TX. Thanks for the tip.

Back