Your daily moisturiser

B+B Oil Moisturizer with Castor Oil or Profectiv Breakfree Leave-in Strengthner. These keep my hair soft and moisturized all day. I seal with coconut oil.

I'm only using Vatika oil now. I keep my hair in twists almost all the time for 2-3 weeks straight and with all the cremes and leave ins I'd have sticky, gunky hair by take down time. The Vatika Oil works wonders and even my special friend comments on how soft my hair is without feeling "greasy."

Cantu Shea Butter Daily Moisturizing Lotion
BB Growth Lotion
BB Moisturizing Lotion w/ aloe and castor oil
African Royale M.O.M (Miracle Oil Moisturizer)
H2H End All

Sheabutter Sheamoisture by Treasured locks
Shea butter lotion by Komacare
Olive Oil Creme by ORS

I rotate between these three, I like all the same. These are my stables. I can't depart with any of them.

During the day I use Cathy Howse's UBH Dew Spray, works miracles.

Even though I'm about 5-6 weeks post, I can get away with a light mist during the day because at night I use Frizz Ease Creme Serum Overnight Repair, along with a bit of Keracare Hairdress on my ends. For the rest of my hair I spray more dew, slap on a bonnet and sleep. I'm good to go the next day :)

Any suggestions for relaxed hair?? I am so lost! I am just now realizing that mineral oil is badd. I have been using Motions moisturizer and now i hate it!

It varies from time to time, but I always use a natural conditioner to moisturize my hair(like Giovanni Direct). Right now I'm liking Hugo Naturals Vanilla and Sweet Orange conditioner. It smells just like cake frosting and it's thick and very moisturizing. I get it at Whole Foods. I also use my Shea Butter concoction that I made (I mostly use that just after I wash my hair and when it's dry I mostly use it on my ends).

Any suggestions for relaxed hair?? I am so lost! I am just now realizing that mineral oil is badd. I have been using Motions moisturizer and now i hate it!

Try a natural moisturizer. Since I'm relaxed I try to keep the rest of my routine as natural as possible. I've noticed a great difference in my hair since I quit using things that contain mineral oil (I can't really discredit it though because there's quite a few ladies that say they use moisturizers or DC's with MO in it and their hair looks great). You can make your own oil moisturizer using a conditioner (I get mine from health food supermarkets) and mixing it with an oil (like coconut oil or olive oil). Works great :yep:!

i recently started using cantu shea butter. at first it didn't work and dried my hair out, but today my hair felt like butter and i haven't been using anything new :o
plus i'm transitioning so my hair feeling really soft is really rare. This is definitely a keeper. I don't wear gel, so I don't have to worry about the white stuff :)

Qhemet Biologics Amla and Oil Cream. It's excellent - I spray the Karkaday Replenishing Tea and then use the cream (or Burdock Root cream). I love QB! :love2:

cantu shea butter leave-in conditioning repair cream

for now, it's replaced my faves (Giovanni Direct, Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme), whatever homemade concoction i took the time to whip up & the slew of products I have.

cantu has made wash n go's a no brainer for me. love it: it's just too nice, simple and quick.

Back