My New Hairstyle - Short Bob

Ediese

I've decided that it's time for a new look so I'm going to weave my hair tomorrow into a short bob by myself. :lachen: I think that's kinda brave seeing as that this is the first time that I'm attempting a self install, but what the heck. What's the worse that can happen?! Guess I could look like a damn fool:lachen:Anyway, I'm about to buy 1 1/2 pack of hair from the Beauty Supply Store. Please cross your fingers.

I've really reviewed these three great tutorials, and think that I can do it. I tell you youtube is the best thing since curry chicken.

Video tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOm-Sn9eOSU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sVf9FIy5GY&feature=related

Pictorial tutorial
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3/how_to_folder/closing-a-weave-qui/

Sorry I don't have any pictures yet, but I'll be sure to post them tomorrow, if yall promise not to laugh. :lachen::lachen:I think that I'll take pics of the process too if it'll help anyone out. I'm thinking of braiding in a circular pattern. Hope that won't take too long.

Does anyone else do their own sew-in weave installs?

UPDATE
Hey you guys I finally uploaded my pics to my fotki. Check it out. It's not perfect, but I'm going to keep it for 2 weeks. I love the short look. I think I'm going to get it professionally done in the same style, but with layers in the back and probably a side bang.

Last edited:
You scared me!!! I thought you cut your hair. I was like "But, she was doing soooo well!!!":lachen:I have attempted many times doing my sew ins.(check out my fotki) They turn out pretty well, they just don't last as long as when pros do it! I did a bob sew in on myself, and I loved it. Instead of cutting my hair ever, I will opted for sew in bobs. They are just sooooo firece!!! I would get outre premium weave. They are cheap (about $15.00 a pack) and the risk is low. That is what I used, and rocked the hell out of it. Besides, if you don't like it you can take it out, and not worry about how much you spent. Good luck!:grin:

You scared me!!! I thought you cut your hair. I was like "But, she was doing soooo well!!!":lachen:I have attempted many times doing my sew ins.(check out my fotki) They turn out pretty well, they just don't last as long as when pros do it! I did a bob sew in on myself, and I loved it. Instead of cutting my hair ever, I will opted for sew in bobs. They are just sooooo firece!!! I would get outre premium weave. They are cheap (about $15.00 a pack) and the risk is low. That is what I used, and rocked the hell out of it. Besides, if you don't like it you can take it out, and not worry about how much you spent. Good luck!:grin:

LOL uh uh...I aint cutting this girl! I think it's a great idea to do weave bobs for short looks. I can't wait to do it. I'm going to check out the Outre premium. That price sounds really good. Thanks!

Hey you guys I finally uploaded my pics to my fotki. Check it out. It's not perfect, but I'm going to keep it for 2 weeks. I love the short look. I think I'm going to get it professionally done in the same style, but with layers in the back and probably a side bang.

wow gurl! it looks good...u did a wonderful job even with the closure! i need to check out the youtube videos when i get a chance...thanks

I thought that was your head at first! You did a great job! I wish you lived by me, a girl needs a change every now and then!

Okay, I am a HUGE CRITIQUE when it comes down to weaves (i even got the DH knowing what's a good and bad weave), but I must say, WOW, that is georgeous. And what kind of hair did you use? It's nice.
- You know, this website is like, wow. Everytime I think of something or have something in mind, or things I'm curious about, this website always reveal an answer for me within the next day or so.
-How bout I wanted to get a sew-in bob, only because I wanted my hair to be in regulations for my uniform (and if you wear long hair, you would have to wear it in a bun, which i don't wanna wear my weave like that), so the past two days, i have been looking for someone who would sew it in and do a good close-up w/o using glue. I know how to do my own weave, but I always do it where there's a little hair left out. I never sewed the whole thing. And i was unsure if I can do it. But look, I get on LHCF (the best site), and there goes a tutorial and all. And it always happen like that.
But again, good job girl!!!!!:clapping:

I've decided that it's time for a new look so I'm going to weave my hair tomorrow into a short bob by myself. :lachen: I think that's kinda brave seeing as that this is the first time that I'm attempting a self install, but what the heck. What's the worse that can happen?! Guess I could look like a damn fool:lachen:Anyway, I'm about to buy 1 1/2 pack of hair from the Beauty Supply Store. Please cross your fingers.

I've really reviewed these three great tutorials, and think that I can do it. I tell you youtube is the best thing since curry chicken.

Video tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOm-Sn9eOSU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sVf9FIy5GY&feature=related

Pictorial tutorial
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3/how_to_folder/closing-a-weave-qui/

Sorry I don't have any pictures yet, but I'll be sure to post them tomorrow, if yall promise not to laugh. :lachen::lachen:I think that I'll take pics of the process too if it'll help anyone out. I'm thinking of braiding in a circular pattern. Hope that won't take too long.

Does anyone else do their own sew-in weave installs?

UPDATE

It looks great!

Back