My New Growth...................................

LuvLiLocks

Ladies I am transitioning and I just noticed that my new growth around the hair line has these tiny knots at the ends of individual strands.
frown.gif
Does anyone know why this is? The hair has gotten thicker and the edges are really fulling in, but then...the knots. It is not extream and not all over. The strands with relaxed ends are not like this. But I am concerned about my progress, my hair will break where the knots are won't it?
frown.gif

Luvli-
I don't know why this is but I noticed the same thing today with my 20 month daughter's hair. It of course is natural and is in good condition. Maybe b/c it is very curly.

Anyone?

I think my hair thinks Im transitioning and is doing the same thing...lol. I have 8 weeks of new growth but it looks and feels like about 12 weeks or more! My hair has been getting tangled and knotted too, but I blame the patches of underprocessed hair for that! The knots do cause breakage though bc when I detangle the knots will come out.
frown.gif

Im not sure how to prevent the knots so I hope someone offers some good advice!

Well I encounter this all the time and by examining my hairs that have shed I figured it out. I am a 4a and as I get more new growth and it starts coiling around itself, manipulation of any kind will cause it to tangle around itself..but mostly i think the hairs rubbing against each other causes this for me! HTH

Back