My new dilemma

LadyCee

Ok.. guys I need advice!!!. so I took my cornrows out and washed it today with the whole shabamm (prepoo with amla, shampoo, aphogee 2min Ker. treatment, and ORS Rep. Pack) and then my aunt who is in beauty school roller set my har. She was telling me why hair is going to break if I braid it again or put kinky twists because it is already thick in the scalp. But the thing is I want to strech to August but she said that might cause breakage. I dont want it to break just to grow and have a break from the relaxer. LAst time I relaxed was Mid March only ab 3 months. What do yall think I should do? If I dont put braid or twist extensions in what else should i do? How about those steam rollers and stuff? The reason Im trying to last at least one more month is for my edges.they are thinnnnNN and I want them to thicken up and fill baq in. I am going to start my BT regimen tomorrow and hope and pray it work 4 me as well like all u guys. keep me in ur prayers guys. HELPP!!! thnx guys. I appreciate the advice.

Oh by the way Im OFFICIALLY A PRODUCT JUNKIE!!!:lachen:

myztiquecleo said:
Ok.. guys I need advice!!!. so I took my cornrows out and washed it today with the whole shabamm (prepoo with amla, shampoo, aphogee 2min Ker. treatment, and ORS Rep. Pack) and then my aunt who is in beauty school roller set my har. She was telling me why hair is going to break if I braid it again or put kinky twists because it is already thick in the scalp. But the thing is I want to strech to August but she said that might cause breakage. I dont want it to break just to grow and have a break from the relaxer. LAst time I relaxed was Mid March only ab 3 months. What do yall think I should do? If I dont put braid or twist extensions in what else should i do? How about those steam rollers and stuff? The reason Im trying to last at least one more month is for my edges.they are thinnnnNN and I want them to thicken up and fill baq in. I am going to start my BT regimen tomorrow and hope and pray it work 4 me as well like all u guys. keep me in ur prayers guys. HELPP!!! thnx guys. I appreciate the advice.

Oh by the way Im OFFICIALLY A PRODUCT JUNKIE!!!:lachen:

Hey, Im stretching to Aug. too (til Aug 20-25 I guess)--it's my first 3 month stretch. I think your aunt was right about leaving those braids/twists out especially if you've already had them in about 6-8 weeks. Maybe you should keep rollersetting/flat-ironing and buy a half-wig or nice ponytail. I know that there are times when I can't really do anything to my hair but I still had to keep going outside of my house to work, shop,be around friends or family; this is when my pretty bandanas, head scarves/wraps come into use. They help me hide my hair--I just match them to my outfits and accessorize.

There are women who who stretch for very long times, and they do have routines to prevent the problems your aunt is talking about. Perhaps you might consider relaxing now since you have not done so since March, and then begin the BT in your regime. A four month stretch is pretty big.

Are you experiencing any breakage? If so, maybe a super protein followed by super moisture, wait a couple of days and then relax. If not, maybe you can convince you aunt to let you hold out a little longer.

newflowers said:
There are women who who stretch for very long times, and they do have routines to prevent the problems your aunt is talking about. Perhaps you might consider relaxing now since you have not done so since March, and then begin the BT in your regime. A four month stretch is pretty big.

Are you experiencing any breakage? If so, maybe a super protein followed by super moisture, wait a couple of days and then relax. If not, maybe you can convince you aunt to let you hold out a little longer.

I agree: if u stretch too long: u might experience breakage from the newgrowth and relaxed ends if ur a newbie at stretching: look up the term "demarcation line" ~HTH~

Hey Girlie, I have no idea what's best for relaxed hair, but I just remembered that Robin of the Crown & Glory Method has relaxed hair that's down her back and she grew it in braids so she has got to know the answers to your question(s).

Why not go through her braid regimen page and see if the answers you seek are lurking there: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html

Back