My new COLOR…

kitchen_tician

Here are the Color Pics

Okay, I gave in & had my hair high-lightened PROFESSIONALLY, by a stylist. My hair was colored 4 weeks POST relaxer. She colored it with Matrix's WARM BEIGE BLONDE. The highlights were achieved with a streaking cap on only the Top/Front portion of my hair. (Yes, it hurt.) She has an assistant/“shampoo girl” and she actually did a lot of the work. The shampoo girl started pulling it through the cap, but she was too rough, so the stylist pulled it through. I think the “shampoo girl” also applied the color as well. I don’t remember, my head was hurting. :ohwell:

I sat under the dryer for about 20-25 minutes for the color to lift. Then it cooled for another 5 minutes, then I was rinsed. She used Elucence products on my hair. Overall, the salon uses great products. I saw Nairobi relaxer, Affirm, Elasta QP, Kera Care, and Elucence products. My hair was partially rollerset and then curled with the marcel irons. I'm giving my hair EXTRA TLC, along with protein, moisturizing conditioner and oil/grease.

Overall, I like the results. If I decide to get my hair high-lightened again, I want to try the foil method, because the streaking cap was terribly painful, but that's probably because I'm ridiculously tender-headed. :)

Well, that's it, so all in all, it was a pleasant experience. :up:

Last edited:
Kitchen your hair is beautiful as always and you are working that new color!! Don't get mad if you see me trying to sport that color in a few months! :rofl:

Thanks for the details Kitchen, your highlights are beautiful...worth the pain huh? :laugh:

I'm sure you'll take extra care of your hair with the color now--again, your hair looks beautiful! :clap:

That color is stunning on you. :up: :up: :up: :up:

I never knew that pulling the hair through the cap would hurt. Are you tender headed? I guess, I'll never be a highlight candidate...me no likey pain on the scalp; I'm not tender headed at all, but you have me frightened now...LOL

Kitchen_tician, you know I have always been a fan of your hair since Day 1!!
I LOVE the color and the length! It looks so healthy and shiny as always! I cant wait for my hair to get your lenght! I am thinking about coloring also, but I think I need to wait about another 4-6 months to make sure my hair is really healthy for it!

LOOKING GOOD GIRL!!! :)

Those are really cute!!! I was considering getting highlights in just the top of my hair to match the natural ones in the back that I can't get rid of. Now I'm really tempted. Do you mind giving the name of the salon?

Hey Kit :wave: Your hair is looking gorgeous PLUS 10 girl!!! The color/ highlighting is beyond words -- I Love it :grin: !! -- jainygirl

KT, hey girl. :wave: Where you been? Your hair looks great. Your highlights are amazing.I can tell you had a real pro do it. Next time I color my hair I surely want a licensed person to do it. I need to stop being cheap. :lol:

I love your color and hair. I want it, but I'm scared. The first and only time I got hi-lites (10 yrs ago), I had major damage. Should I decide to do the do it will be in August. I hope that you do not mind, but I plan on PMing you every month for an update on the condition of your hair :D

Back