My new braids. Giving my hair a break

ronakajones

My new braids. Giving my hair a break( Update) My hair is coming out!!!

for the winter. The girl only charged 65 dollars but it took forever. Any advice on maintenance/upkeep.

Scroll down for the latest update!!!!!

Attachments

• hair'.jpg
    hair'.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Not sure which hair you got but if it's synthetic, I would recommend taking a moisturizing cheapy condish and dilute in water and use that for your braid spray instead of the commercial ones. I wore braids a good part of this year and this helped my hair a lot. And, get a wig brush to smooth your ends if they're loose.

ETA: Your hair looks great!

Your braids are cute!!! And 65 dollars, you can't beat that.

But to keep them up. Get a good braid spray (African Royale), a spray bottle
w/ some diluted infusium and some type of oil for your scalp. I use Kemi Oyl. And just spray the length of your braids daily and oil when needed. And shampoo every two weeks and apply a clear leave-in conditioner. And I sleep in a satin bonnet too.

$65!!! Your hair looks great! :grin: I would only reccommend you not put any additional stress on your edges, such as wearing the braid up everday or putting tight scarves around them, etc. Other than that you know to mositrize and try to keep down bild up. O yeah, another tip i learned was to wash you braids in a stocking material and lather it and rinse in the stocking to keep down frizzies. HTH

$65!!! Your hair looks great! :grin: I would only recommend you not put any additional stress on your edges, such as wearing the braid up everday or putting tight scarves around them, etc. Other than that you know to mositrize and try to keep down bild up. O yeah, another tip i learned was to wash you braids in a stocking material and lather it and rinse in the stocking to keep down frizzies. HTH

I saw Den1 doing that in her fotki but I can't see how all of the hair would fit or get rinsed properly. I'm gonna experiment with it because I tend to poo a lot more in braids and they end up frizzy pretty quickly. My coworker's trick works pretty well for frizzies btw-she suggested when you're done pooing, to apply mousse and tie it down to smooth the hair back out. It works pretty well, but I'm always on the lookout for better techniques.

I saw Den1 doing that in her fotki but I can't see how all of the hair would fit or get rinsed properly. I'm gonna experiment with it because I tend to poo a lot more in braids and they end up frizzy pretty quickly. My coworker's trick works pretty well for frizzies btw-she suggested when you're done pooing, to apply mousse and tie it down to smooth the hair back out. It works pretty well, but I'm always on the lookout for better techniques.

Maybe that's where I learned it. I saw the technique in someone's fotki and i sugested it to my friend. It worked great fo her. She uses this technique all the time now. I haven't tried it yet because I haven't had braids in a while and I was too scared to try with my kinky twist :look:. Let me know how it turns out.

Hey, your hair looks really cool. So you aren't bunning anymore? Is the challenge over? I can't seem to find the link to it to see what's up.

Hey, your hair looks really cool. So you aren't bunning anymore? Is the challenge over? I can't seem to find the link to it to see what's up.

I tried bunninf and Its was sooooo boring. My hair looks bad in a bun. So I'm gonna try to keep my braids until January or Feb. Thats ladies

Re: My new braids. Giving my hair a break (update)

for the winter. The girl only charged 65 dollars but it took forever. Any advice on maintenance/upkeep.

I have probably had these braids for about 2 weeks and I lost 2 braids with all my hair still attached. I have never had thsi problem. Not only that, My hairline was still really sore after 2 weeks. I had to think back and try to figure out what was goin on. The only thing I could come up with was that the gril who did them used gel. So I took the edges down, washed my hair GOOD and redid them myself. I don't know if that will solve teh problem or if I need to take these braids out. I don't want to lose my hair or for my hair to be matted up when I take these out. Any suggestions?

I've been wearing box braids since April and what I do is wash w/CON shampoo and then spray my good ole Scurl as a moisturizer. I wash every 2 weeks and rebraid every 6 weeks. I do the braids myself so my edges haven't suffered much. Another thing, I use Profectiv Healthy Ends on my edges and my hair seems to be coming along nicely.

Have you washed them yet? Sometimes when I get braids that are too tight I wash or at least rinse them to ease some of the tension. That might help.

Back