My neice, my guinea pig

webby

Think Slim
I had the good fortune to do my first bantu knots this weekend, courtesy of my beautiful neice (thank you sweety :) )

Her birthday is Tuesday and I wanted to make her look even more pretty than she is, but we disagreed on one thing, she wanted her hair straight. She has gorgeous curls, but of course, wants straight hair, a relaxer :naughty:

Thank God, her mom trusts me with her hair, so asked me to cut and style her hair.

SO...I had fun... If only I could get this to work on my head :smirk:

http://public.fotki.com/webby/experimentation/

pw: babygirl

Gorgeous results, Webby. :) Your neice and son (I'm assuming) are both too cute.

Thank you ladies. She really is a beautiful child, for the inside out.
Yes Tai, that's my rascal...the constant flirt ;)

MeccaMedinah said:
What products did you put in her hair before making the knots?
I used Humectress and Sebastian Potion no 9. Do you have any recommendations?

Your son is too cute. Makes me wanna pinch his checks.

Your neice is too cute too. The bantu knots look great. The pic looks like something I would see in a hair mag showing kiddie hairstyles.
56.gif

Thank you ladies. I have to say, it really did come out better than I expected.

@ Champagne_Wishes - I was going to use bobby pins, but I didn't need them; it stayed once it was wrapped around completely.

webby said:
I used Humectress and Sebastian Potion no 9. Do you have any recommendations?

No, I don't. I'd like to try this on my daughter,and I wanted to know what you used. Your niece's hair came out so beautiful and shiny. And your son is a doll.

Her hair looks great and you can even seperate the tendrils later on for a fluffy curly hairstyle. I love styles for little kids that you can stretch during the week without having to totally re-do their hair.

Your son is darling :kiss:

Thanks for the compliments regarding my son :)

@ MsK, I was planning on finger combing her hair, minimizing on the necessity to redo, but she was SO impatient. I would really like to do her hair more often; her mother has straigt hair and tries really hard to manage her hair, but she really doesn't know how to.

@ Mecca - I don't know what type of hair your daughter has, but I really was surprised by the shine my niece got. Her hair usually looks dull, regardless to the amount of anything put on it. I think that potion number 9 is what added the super shine to her natural hair. If you do this on your daughter, please share pics with us :)

@ webby- what is the potion 9? a serum, gel? I'd say that my daughter has type 3b/3a or 3a/3c hair. Anyway I ask what the sebastians is because she's only 2 1/2 and I don't want to put anything harsh in her hair. I'll definitely post pics. Also, my daughter's hair likes Humectress.

MeccaMedinah said:
@ webby- what is the potion 9? a serum, gel? I'd say that my daughter has type 3b/3a or 3a/3c hair. Anyway I ask what the sebastians is because she's only 2 1/2 and I don't want to put anything harsh in her hair. I'll definitely post pics. Also, my daughter's hair likes Humectress.
Potion No 9 is a leave in conditioner, but I completely understand your concern. At your baby's age, there's not need for harsh chemicals in her hair.

Here is the description I found online:

Contains 9 essential nutrients
Feeds hungry hair
Repair damaged, environmentally stressed hair
An original

Directions: Apply to towel-dried hair. Style as desired.

Ingredients:
Water (aqua), Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Stearalkonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PVP, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Hydrolized Wheat Protein, Hydrolized Silk, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth 10, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Panthenol, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Safflower Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius), Macadamia Ternifolia Nut Oil, Babassu Oil (Orbignya Oleifera), Borage Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis), Dog Rose Hips Oil ((Rosa Canina)), Propylene Glycol, Caprilic/Capric Triglyceride, All Spice Extract (Pimenta Dioica), Lemon Grass Extract ((cymbopogon schoenanthus)), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (parfum), Annatto (CI 75120), Ext D&C Violet No 2 (CI 60730), D&C Orange No 4 (CI 15510), FD&C Red No. 40 (CI 16035)

Back