My neck is on fiya but I dont want to stop

ChasingBliss

I have been using bt for almost two months now. I love the results. Looking at my new growth I can CLEARLY see that it has been faster in a two month span than it has EVER been. But it is tearing up my neck something feirce.

NOW, I dont use it to where it drips down any part of me. I put a little, massage in every area of my scalp, what's left on my hands i massage into my hair, then tie it up. So I cannot for the life of me understand why this is happening.

I took a few days break and the burning started to go away. I also used ointments to help ease the pain. Then I decided to start using it again just to make sure. And sure enough the burning came back. I just dont get it. BT has NO contact with my neck...WHat gives. I dont want to stop. I love the results minus the fiya neck. Is anyone experiencing this but found a way to make it work. Please do tell.

I wipe the back of my neck, hairline and around my ears with a soapy flannel afterwards. If the sulphur is on the hair and traces of it will be and it touches your neck you will get a rash from it.

LondonDiva said:
I wipe the back of my neck, hairline and around my ears with a soapy flannel afterwards. If the sulphur is on the hair and traces of it will be and it touches your neck you will get a rash from it.

I'm going to give it a few days and try that. I'm safely assuming that a soapy flannel is a soapy washcloth right? Or is it something else, cus I'll buy it.

I don't know Honey, I would give it up. Maybe some of it is dripping on your neck without you noticing or it is getting on your pillow case and you are rubbing your neck on it.

Seriously I would stop before you damage the skin permantly. Your hair is gonna grow regardless so it's not gonna be a big deal if you stop. This is your body's way of telling you "I don't want that on me."

Please get some Neosporin Pain and stop using it. You're saying it's pink and burning, you might just need to stop it before it gets worse like LOL said.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Nope, not at all...just my neck and it looks horrible too. scaly, pink and just disgusting.

You need to stop. Growing hair faster is not that serious. What if you cause permanent damage for the sake longer hair faster. Why do you keep doing this to yourself?

You know what ya'll are right. Thanks Locks, Bre Bre, Cupcake, Delta...I needed to read this. I am going to stop it. My neck is not worth this, plus my hair (in my eyes) is at a decent desirable length. Thanks again ladies. I am going to nurse my poor neck back to health and continue all the other healthy things I do for my hair and body.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
You know what ya'll are right. Thanks Locks, Bre Bre, Cupcake, Delta...I needed to read this. I am going to stop it. My neck is not worth this, plus my hair (in my eyes) is at a decent desirable length. Thanks again ladies. I am going to nurse my poor neck back to health and continue all the other healthy things I do for my hair and body.

Yes girl, I have seen your hair pics! You don't need anything like this!

I really only think this stuff is necessary for someone with scalp problems or something. It is definitely not good if it causes problems that did not exist prior to using it!

HoneyLemonDrop said:

You might want to check out a derm just in case you may have done some harm to the inner layers of skin that are not easy to treat and/or your skin doesn't heal too well (keloids, bad scaring etc).

HoneyDew said:
Yes girl, I have seen your hair pics! You don't need anything like this!

I really only think this stuff is necessary for someone with scalp problems or something. It is definitely not good if it causes problems that did not exist prior to using it!

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Honey, you don't need this. You got Gawgus hair.

HoneyLemonDrop said:

When I saw it was you doing the writing, I was wondering why on earth you would need a growth aid.

I had scaly black neck from MTG use, the dermatologist gave me a script for prescription for Cutivate Ointment .005%(fluticasone propionate) and it cleared up after 2 days.

DO NOT PUT SOAP on the area or rub with a towel, it will only irritate the skin.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
I'm going to give it a few days and try that. I'm safely assuming that a soapy flannel is a soapy washcloth right? Or is it something else, cus I'll buy it.

Flannel = British English for washcloth :)

Yes, I do feel kind of stooopid right now :lol:...I guess that waist length goal was taking a bit too long and I got caught up. I just started my job and my med insurance hasnt kicked in yet, and I cannot afford a derm right now... Ima have to go with that neosporin

And thanks for the compliments ladies :kiss:

HoneyLemonDrop said:

Good call! :kiss: Your hair will definitely grow, and it's already beautiful!!! You may also want to try putting a little aloe vera gelly on your neck too...it works wonders for healing burns and scars. :)

HoneyLemonDrop...you don't need BT. Your hair is already long and beautiful...stop the madness:lol: And you are one of my hair inspirations...

Divine Inspiration said:
Good call! :kiss: Your hair will definitely grow, and it's already beautiful!!! You may also want to try putting a little aloe vera gelly on your neck too...it works wonders for healing burns and scars. :)

Thanks DI, I was actually using something called Solarcaine Aloe Extra, it had a nice cooling sensation, but the pain relief did not last long.

But I somehow am getting the feeling you are talking about the gelly that's straight from the aloe vera leaf :lol:...

Last edited:
pinkskates said:
HoneyLemonDrop...you don't need BT. Your hair is already long and beautiful...stop the madness:lol: And you are one of my hair inspirations...
Awww, shucks. Thanks Pinkskates :) Now I have a warmed heart to go along with my hot arse neck :lol:...

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Thanks DI, I was actually using something called Solarcaine Aloe Extra, it had a nice cooling sensation, but the pain relief did not last long.

But I somehow am getting the feeling you are talking about the all gelly that's straight from the aloe vera leaf :lol:...

:lol: Yeah, either the gel from the leaf or the 99% aloe vera gelly available at Whole Foods.

Divine Inspiration said:
:lol: Yeah, either the gel from the leaf or the 99% aloe vera gelly available at Whole Foods.

Cool thanks. I will buy some. That gel has multiple uses, definitely worth the buy.

Girl, just get some Lenzi's Request. Its not that serious. Also, Qhemet's products contain MSM sulfur in them, but not at such strong quantities as BT. Why don't you try those products.

bravenewgirl87 said:
Girl, just get some Lenzi's Request. Its not that serious. Also, Qhemet's products contain MSM sulfur in them, but not at such strong quantities as BT. Why don't you try those products.

Oh my gosh you are so pretty!

Thanks though, I've heard of both of those but didnt know much about them. I think I'm going to lay off any type of topical sulfur product for now.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
I think I'm going to lay off any type of topical sulfur product for now.

Hi, sorry about your neck. I don't have an allergy to sulfur products but I'm going to send you a private message.

Back