My name is Zia and I'm a former Lurker.

ThePerfectScore

I just wanted to officially say HEY to all y'all. I have been lurking since summer 2008. I figured since I've found this site I have become a major product junkie so what's another $6.50? I am current about 4 months post relaxer. This site really made me consider transitioning because there are so many gorgeous curly heads. (but I've decided next week I'm going back to my relaxed state with ORS Normal Strength Relaxer) I really don't know what my hair type is, but if I'd have to guess it would be 4b around hairline and nape of the neck and a blend of 4a and 3c in the crown. But Idk that's just a guess. I've taken pictures of my new growth a few weeks ago, but it might be too little to tell. Feel free to make a guess about my texture.
hair1.jpg
hair2.jpg

I visit this site everyday, so I'm happy I can now communicate with others! :grin:

Last edited:
Welcome!!!

You won't regret spending the money. It's more than worth it. As far as your possible texture, there's not yet enough new growth for me to hazard a guess. It's easier to tell once there's enough new growth to show a curl pattern.

Welcome! The hair info is AWESOME! I would say 3c/4a...but you'll find out definitely in the course of your LHCF time.

Takes a few months to know your real texture even though you have those big, big, big, big, big :lachen:photos after relaxer is stopped but any ol' ways ; WELCOME ABOARD.

thanks! Yeah I figured it wasn't enough growth to tell, but I'm relaxing next week so we may never know what my true texture is... haha But this is the first time I've actually felt my new growth. I love the feel of all the waves, but I fear I loose too much when I detangle. I do it the right way with tons of conditioner under the shower stream from bottom to top. Last week I had to bust out the blow dryer after not using it for months just to get my ponytail to lay down smooth. Since I'm avoiding heat the sound of the blow dryer just makes me cringe, but I was able to comp through the blow out.

Welcome!

Like the others have said, that's not enough new growth for us to tell and you'll never really know until you cut the relaxed ends off. Anyway congrats on your stretch.

I also wanted to say that the reason you think you may be 4b around your hairline and nape is because your face/body cleanser is probably getting on those areas often and drying them out a bit. Be careful with that because dry hair can lead to breakage.

Welcome!

Like the others have said, that's not enough new growth for us to tell and you'll never really know until you cut the relaxed ends off. Anyway congrats on your stretch.

I also wanted to say that the reason you think you may be 4b around your hairline and nape is because your face/body cleanser is probably getting on those areas often and drying them out a bit. Be careful with that because dry hair can lead to breakage.

OOOH thanks! I never thought about that before. The would make a lot a lot of sense especially since I've up my skin care routine since GNC HSN was breaking me out a bit.

welcome newbie... from a newbie!:lachen:

btw, is that you in your avi? you remind me of jennifer hudson in that pic:yep: happy hair growin!

welcome newbie... from a newbie!:lachen:

btw, is that you in your avi? you remind me of jennifer hudson in that pic:yep: happy hair growin!

Really? A friend of mine said I look like J. Hud, especially when she performed at the Super Bowl. I don't see it, although, I do take it as a compliment because she is drop dead gorgeous! So thank you!! :grin:

Really? A friend of mine said I look like J. Hud, especially when she performed at the Super Bowl. I don't see it, although, I do take it as a compliment because she is drop dead gorgeous! So thank you!! :grin:

yes, definitely as a compliment-- she is very beautiful... i've looked at your avi quite a few times and i see a resemblance.:yep: -- you're welcome.

Last edited:
Back