MY MOM NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!!

Tamrin

unapologetic
I just got off the phone with my mom who called because she is having a hair issue. she is a 3b type. natural and does not believe in relaxers... she has never had one and she is almost 60. she conditions with egg yoke, cholesterol and Haitian Palma Christi oil. So natural blow drying does nothing. she colors her grays thats her only chemical treatment. The only color that takes is Black and then she has to use another color to lighten it to a medium brown which suits her. Now the Light colors have no effect on the black she uses. Her hair is not even taking blonde. I think its weird but i have to try to help her out. ...

Can anyone specially our older ladies give me some advise on something that will cover her grays well and at the same time not be too dark.

My mommy thanks you and I thank you...

PS she says hnna has not effect for her..

Closer1 said:
I just got off the phone with my mom who called because she is having a hair issue. she is a 3b type. natural and does not believe in relaxers... she has never had one and she is almost 60. she conditions with egg yoke, cholesterol and Haitian Palma Christi oil. So natural blow drying does nothing. she colors her grays thats her only chemical treatment. The only color that takes is Black and then she has to use another color to lighten it to a medium brown which suits her. Now the Light colors have no effect on the black she uses. Her hair is not even taking blonde. I think its weird but i have to try to help her out. ...

Can anyone specially our older ladies give me some advise on something that will cover her grays well and at the same time not be too dark.

My mommy thanks you and I thank you...

PS she says hnna has not effect for her..
hey i am a little older and at first i was going to use henna but i wanted a little color because as i have gotten older black hair just makes me looker older:( so i found this site called round brush it has dominican cellophane 100%natural no peroxide no ammonia and they have great colors i am in braids right now but i going to buy some in a month or two i am also going to set under the dryer or put on a cap to get it in deeper to really cover my gray:lol: cause right on temples and sides oh my:eek: looks like my head turn gray over night and i am not happy:( i hope some body comes in with what they are doing or plan on doing so far thats my plan and i am staying with it:lol:

The only thing I can advise is that whenever you permanently dye your hair black it's d@mn near impossible to get it lighter w/o having to bleach it..make sure, going forward, your mom doesn't use perm black dye

oh i forgot it said semi-permanent and it said that it cover gray dont know if she in to semi -cause i know its not like the permanent but it has things in it that good for your hair:)

Thank you Ladies for the advice. Baby42 I will be checking out the cellophane color. I want to try it on her. The thing is she has that thick horse hair type of 3B hair a strand of my hair is invisible compared to mine. I will let you know the result.

Back