My mom hates my natural hair..

Girl MY mother is the same way, when she first saw my TWA
she asked my DH "Where did you get that thing?" and pointed at me.
Now she thinks it's funny to call me fluffy.

I call her scraps that's all she has on her head is scraps!!!
MOTHERS I swear!

Your Hair Journey is about you and for you not her!

OMG No you didn't!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::funny:

I always :blush::rofl: when I hear BlkOnyx calls her moms scraps:lachen: if she can make sideways comments so can you!:giggle:

OP I don't know what thats like but I do know that I think your coils are absolutely beautiful healthy moisturized and compliment you flawlessly.

You have me and all the rest of us as support:bighug:

Thanks so much ladies!! She keeps asking me what Im going to do with my hair...:look: I know she's used to me having long hair which she loves, but I was tired of having a sparse nape and thin edges. As soon as I saw my edges starting to recede I had to let the relaxer go. I guess she feels as long as my hair was long and straight it was worth the damage it was causing :nono:

You should have heard us on the phone the other day.

her: Heeeeyyy Fluffy hee hee hee hee
me: So did you water it?
her: huh? water what?
me: that scap growing out of your head! Poor thing looks like one of those sad plants in the corner with only one leaf left on it, wishing it had the ability to scream for help.

Her: you so silly girl! hee hee hee

me: :rolleyes:
I always :blush::rofl: when I hear BlkOnyx calls her moms scraps:lachen: if she can make sideways comments so can you!:giggle:

OP I don't know what thats like but I do know that I think your coils are absolutely beautiful healthy moisturized and compliment you flawlessly.

You have me and all the rest of us as support:bighug:

The first time she saw it, she backed up like a crawfish with a look of disgust on her face. Made me feel so bad. She is the reason I ended up relaxing after my first big chop, but Im determined to keep my hair natural.

Now I love my mama but she is one of the reasons I went natural. Her hair has almost thinned down to nothing, especially on the crown and the edges. I know that some of that thinning is probably due to natural aging process (she's 67) but I know that frequent relaxing all her life has had its effect too.

DigitalRain, don't feel bad. My mom is the same way too. My mom has yet to appreciate our black hair and to learn about it. When I talk to her about my hair, she has really nothing to say, but she tries to find an insult whenever she can. My mom's hair is thin also and she has been always bald at the temples. She relaxed my hair when I was really young and a lot of my hair fell out.

You should have heard us on the phone the other day.

her: Heeeeyyy Fluffy hee hee hee hee
me: So did you water it?
her: huh? water what?
me: that scap growing out of your head! Poor thing looks like one of those sad plants in the corner with only one leaf left on it, wishing it had the ability to scream for help.

Her: you so silly girl! hee hee hee

me: :rolleyes:
You should give yourself a precise press one day *just* to show off the thickness and health you've achieved now and show off the versatility....totally something I'd do:grin:

she has been dropping hints about wanting to come visit the grandkids
Darn those grand kids LOL

I am hoping my hair will be cooperating by May.:lachen:
I plan to rock my fro at first, then the next day blowdry and flat iron my hair and watch her jaw drop when I flip it in face LOL
grow hair grow!!!!
You should give yourself a precise press one day *just* to show off the thickness and health you've achieved now and show off the versatility....totally something I'd do:grin:

Back