My Megatek journey

naturalmilly

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and would like to start a thread on Megatek. I have researched this product and read many reviews. I have natural hair but my main issue is the back of my hair that was damaged due to a braid I accidentally cut off after taking down a sew in. I have attached a picture of my breakage and cut off hair. I have purchased Megatek and starting 1-9-2010 I have applied this product to my hair. I will update this thread weekly on the results. Please send me any feedback that you all have that will help with my hair growth.

Attachments

• IMG02142-20100109-1639.jpg
    IMG02142-20100109-1639.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 415
hi and welcome. i have been using Mega tek for 19 days now and my bangs have grown a half inch already. i cant see any growth in the back yet. ihave to straighten hair to see all the growth.

Thanks for the updates ladies. I look forward to seeing my growth. Please send me any best practices as well for Megatek.

Welcome!!

I"ll be looking forward to your updates. My left nape area aka the "evil patch" grows super slow. I may have to give in and get some MT. Good luck!

Hi everyone! It has been a week since I started to use Megatek. I have already seen and felt a difference in the thickness of my hair. It seems to be working in that area. I will post pictures of the back of my hair which I am focusing on with growth. I look forward to hearing your feedback!

I have a question for my viewers and forum readers. Has anyone tried to take Nioxin pills and still use megatek on their hair? Please let me know the results or any advise on this.

these are my updates pictures. It has been a week since i took the first picture and started taking megatek. I think my hair is looking thicker in the back. I just got done washing it and I'm also working on my current curl pattern. My hair use to be very curly (coils) until i started to get it pressed all the time, now my hair has a wavy pattern to it and I am working on getting my hair back to it natural curl pattern. Are there any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG02187-20100114-2323.jpg
    IMG02187-20100114-2323.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG02185-20100114-2322.jpg
    IMG02185-20100114-2322.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 174
Use Very Little while applying to Scalp. And Keep Your Moisture Levels Up, The Rest of Your 'Proteins' to a Minimum and You should be Fine.:yep:

Welcome. And I will also be following your Progress.:yep:

I take 5000 mg Biotin. Is that to much with the megatek. And how do i moisturize my hair while using this product. I do appreciate all your feedback and suggestions.

If you are applying to your scalp, you may (not always the case) experience shedding. Take garlic internally to help combat that - not too much, though, because it is a natural blood thinner and can make your cycle heavier than normal.

From all that I have seen (and I am a sometimes MT user as well), applying to scalp only works really well. If you find it's too much, you can chase it with aloe vera gel or something else that would be moisturizing to your scalp - olive oil, grapeseed oil, cocoa or shea butter, etc.

Personally, I would not add too much more to your regimen. Using MT alone might be best simply because you are trying to document how MT helps you grow. Also, if you begin to have a setback, if you are using a lot of products/supplements, you might have trouble figuring out what the problem is.

I have been waiting for someone to do this and wanted to do it myself, but I am too inconsistent. Maybe you will inspire me to get better in this area.:yep:

I hope you are able to keep updating because we will all be watching your progress. Are you able to take your pictures the same way every week so that we can see your progress really well/easily?

I am sooo excited for you!!! I am sure others who have used and are still using MT will chime in with support and feedback.

Blessings to you!

Christi

Good luck with your MT journey:)
I used it for a month or so in 2009 but stopped due to breakage and shedding. I felt the protein in it was too heavy and that possibly led to brittleness and breakage. I also used garlic supplements - maybe not enough though 'cos I read it's best to start them in advance before using MT. Make sure to moisturize regularly and avoid other proteins (except if your hair loves protein).
I hope it works out for you - I can empathize with broken nape hair as I struggled with that for a long time. Now I just moisturize, moisturize, moisturize and protective style as often as I can. This has helped me a lot.

Hi ladies.. I have updated my thread and added a pic of my current hair length. My goal is to be at bra strap length or close to by the end of the year.

Attachments

• IMG02255-20100119-2148.jpg
    IMG02255-20100119-2148.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 81
hey ladies!! I will upload new pictures in a hour or so! My nape area has improved and is showing some potential!! I am so happy!

where do you get megatek by the way.....i'm also interested to see what your results will be....so please keep the rest of us posted

Hey ladies. Here are my 3rd week pictures. The back is starting to fill out quite nice.

Attachments

• IMG02272-20100123-1901.jpg
    IMG02272-20100123-1901.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG02285-20100123-2305.jpg
    IMG02285-20100123-2305.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 126
hey naturalmilly - if you'd like to sell your avon products, you'll have to direct this through another thread as a vendor.

I finally made space to even consider Megatek. It will be a Feb. purchase for me.

Hi Naturalmilly,

Just wanted to say welcome (i'm new too) and thank you for sharing your MT experiment.

I've been using MT since 28 Dec, every day, scalp only, diluted with water and EVOO. Also taking Garlic supplements once a day to prevent excessive shedding. The left side of my head grows slower than the right :ohwell: and I'm trying to even up.

From past experience, my hair loves protein but I make sure the other conditioners I use have low to no protein just to be safe.

I think I've had better thickness too....still waiting for growth...but many users say that the difference became noticible after 3 months....

Your hair looks very healthy! Keep us posted. Good HHJ!

Subscribing!! I have both MT and Ovation but never used it because I chickened out.:blush: I'll eventually use them or give them to family. I don't want to waste product or my money. I have used BT once with success.:grin:

Back