My Leave Out is Suffering

neanie

Damn it Ladies just when i was making some progress in the health of my hair.
I am currently weaved up with about an inch of leave out for blending purposes.

What is your regimen for your leave out ?

I relise my problem is that my leave out is straightend quite frequently due to the fact that it has a tendency to revert:cry:

What do you recommend to get the hair back on track
moisture protein
whats your regimen
oh yeah and i always use heat protectant :(

I used to have the same problem. I found that my "leave out" stayed straighter longer if I used Frizz Ease moisture barrier spray after straightening (I also occasionally used Frizz Ease serum on it while it was wet.) I'd wear a silk scarf on my head to help smooth the hair that was left out overnight.

Even after all if the above, I ended up having to get my "leave out" cut into a bang when I started my hair journey. Your very best bet is to get a full weave. I know they don't look as realistic, but they are best for retaining all of your hair. Good Luck :)

ETA: I also used heat a heat protectant. Unfortunately, in the end heat damage still got the best of me. My leave-out hair didn't appreciate being flat ironed every few days :-(

Up your protein and moisture game, also add ceramides to your reggie, they will help tremendously. Finally I suggest wearing scarfs, headbands, and hats whenever possible to protect that hair. In the future maybe you could look into curly weaves or full straight weaves. HTH

Firstly, the key is getting hair that matched your hair texture ... such as relaxed texture, kinky straight or kinky curly if your natural

Secondly, limit the amount of heat. Im natural and when I have a weave I straighten my leave out once every two weeks. Use sabino mouisture block.. Its great in preventing the hair from reverting

Thirdly, you still need mouisture.. So mouisturise daily use something like shea butter where the product won't make your hair revert.

Fouthly, deep condition. Firstly do a protein pre poo on leave out on dry hair to strengthen and reduce breakage(egg,mayo and oils of your chouce), leave for a few hours or overnight. Shampoo off then do a mouisturising deep condition

Fifthly, use big rollers to dry you leave out then flat iron.

Six, The way you sleep can aid in keeping you hair straight. Apply a little olive oil ...lay your leave out flat, put headscarf on ...in morning your hair will still be straight

Seven, flexi rods are great for when your hair is reverting a little. Flexi rod weave and mix your own hair in with the weave then flexi rod overnight. Your hair will blend flawlessly

Eight and most important... Dont re-straighten your hair mid week!!!! Your hair will have product on ...its very unhealthy for your hair

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I have nothing to add as I'm still growing out my pre-LHCF leave out (after two weaves, in life, total :nono:). Wish you luck, homegirl.

Can you rollerset instead of flat ironing? I moisturize and seal my leaveout daily and deep condition weekly, alternating between moisture & protein. What type of hair are you wearing?

I would suggest using a really good moisturizing deep conditioner and moisturizing leave in on the hair that is left out. Also use a moisture block such as Sabino to prevent reversion. Make sure you tie up your hair nightly with a silk or satin scarf and try not to get it wet when showering to prevent frizz.

You could

-invest in a closure (may look wiggy at times but getting the right density could help)
-buy hair that closely matches your hair texture
-bkt your leave-out and use a heavier heat protectant to help curb reversion
-rollerset the leave-out

It is really important to condition your leave w/ both moisture and protein (since heat is being used). When I have my leave out, I dc with protein and moisture every week also moisturized and seal. My leave-out is not any shorter than the rest of my hair.

like others have said, there's nothing really you can do to counteract being flat ironed too often....I like to choose hair that matches my hair when its blowdried relatively straight (so most kinky straights). I find that that helps my leaveout (when I wore weave) because I don't have to really straighten it that hard to get it to match and if it reverts it still goes (somewhat).

I def think getting a closure would be your best bet for the health of your leaveout.

Back