My Hubby Wants Me To Remain Texturized!

Natrlchallenge said:
Thanks for all yr comments ya'll. My hair is hating the braids so much, that I'm never getting them again! How do u guys transition for over a year?! :p Anyhow, I am going to b/c my hair. The three textures-relaxed,texturized , and natural are just too much to handle! My hubby is a bit diappointed, but he'll get over it. Anyhow, I don't know what my ng will look like, but it is growing in wavy/curly pattern. I will prob get it cut next saturday. I'll spend the rest of the year making it up to him. :lol:

The move to BC is such a relief after transitioning. It's like a well deserved vacay :lol:. You are gonna love your twa. Remember to enjoy your hair and have fun with it. Trust me your husband will be surprised at how fast your hair grows back. Good luck and I cant wait to see your pics :). -- jainygirl

Hindsight, I should have done a BC. I probably would be further along now in length. I wouldn't of gone through the ugly duckling stage. Now that I am natural, I love the compliments I am getting. It makes it worth the what the heck is going on with your hair comments. I love the fact that I can be an inspiration to other women contemplating being natural. I always get the I love your natural hair comments from relaxed women. I think about how I was the same way admiring from a far but still a little timid about making the commitment.

T0 answer your question, I wore braids, wet sets, braidouts, pony tails, weaves and lastly twists. I am now sporting a TWA.

Yeah, caught me off guard with the decision to B/C after all. But you go for it, girl! It must mean a lot to you b/c I can tell you usually try to work with your good man. But it was really wonderful reading the messages from other black women about how they would atleast try to do things with their man in mind. It is such a stereotype that black women are like, "**** what anyman wants- I'm doing it my way" and unfortunately, so many of those women will have to remain single, but fortunately, some of them want it that way.

I'm not yet thirty and have been married 8 years, all of my adult life and the only reason my husband doesn't cut his moustache and goattee is b/c I have asked him not to. The main reason I have remained relaxed is that he has asked me to. Three beautiful babies later, I must look at my single sisters who are like, who cares what a man thinks, and wonder if it's worth the lonely nights and I can respect that for them it is, for me, obviously not.

beloved1 said:
Yeah, caught me off guard with the decision to B/C after all. But you go for it, girl! It must mean a lot to you b/c I can tell you usually try to work with your good man. But it was really wonderful reading the messages from other black women about how they would atleast try to do things with their man in mind. It is such a stereotype that black women are like, "**** what anyman wants- I'm doing it my way" and unfortunately, so many of those women will have to remain single, but fortunately, some of them want it that way.

I'm not yet thirty and have been married 8 years, all of my adult life and the only reason my husband doesn't cut his moustache and goattee is b/c I have asked him not to. The main reason I have remained relaxed is that he has asked me to. Three beautiful babies later, I must look at my single sisters who are like, who cares what a man thinks, and wonder if it's worth the lonely nights and I can respect that for them it is, for me, obviously not.

dang, youre braver than me. thats what i wanted to say from the beginning, but i didnt wanna start a riot up in here :lol:

toinette said:
dang, youre braver than me. thats what i wanted to say from the beginning, but i didnt wanna start a riot up in here :lol:

I know :grin: I am not usually like this at all, y'all then caught me a few days before my period, and I've been blowing up all my boards- so y'all just forgive me for not dressing it up a little better :lol:

beloved1 said:

That's good y'all are on the same page. Me and my hubby are pretty much the same in that our thought process is whatever you like I like too. It does help when you and the your spouse are on the same page. When I decided to BC last November and I told my husband what I wanted to do his words were, "I dont care if you shave your head bald you not getting rid of me :lol:; you look good to me period" -- jainygirl

Last edited:
jainygirl said:
That's good y'all are on the same page. Me and my hubby are pretty much the same in that are thought process is whatever you like I like too. It does help when you and the your spouse are on the same page. When I chopped last November and I told him I wanted to do it his words were, "I dont care if you shave it bald you not getting rid of me :lol:; you look good to me period" -- jainygirl

That is so sweet, and y'all look so good together! When my hubby met me I had natural hair, a huge fro' under my braids. When he found out I had natural hair, he was like, well I'm about the relaxed stuff and I had to school him quite a bit on how that is a "eurocentric" standard if he thinks that relaxed is better than natural. (Note at this point we had just met, I won't change myself for a man I just met, for a life-long partner- that's a little different.) Anyway, he came around and was like, all these years I've been brainwashed, I still like relaxed hair better, but I know it is not actually better, it is my preference based on socialization, but I will love you with a "nappy, bald head". At that point, I knew I had to 1) marry him and 2) do the things that would make him happy, so I permed my hair before we got married.

The funny thing is if he would not have accepted me natural, he wouldn've been the one for me. But now I do it because I know he loves me any which a way.

jainygirl said:
That's good y'all are on the same page. Me and my hubby are pretty much the same in that are thought process is whatever you like I like too. It does help when you and the your spouse are on the same page. When I chopped last November and I told him I wanted to do it his words were, "I dont care if you shave it bald you not getting rid of me :lol:; you look good to me period" -- jainygirl

That is so sweet, and y'all look so good together! When my hubby met me I had natural hair, a huge fro' under my braids. When he found out I had natural hair, he was like, well I'm about the relaxed stuff and I had to school him quite a bit on how that is a "eurocentric" standard if he thinks that relaxed is better than natural. (Note at this point we had just met, I won't change myself for a man I just met, for a life-long partner- that's a little different.) Anyway, he came around and was like, all these years I've been brainwashed, I still like relaxed hair better, but I know it is not actually better, it is my preference based on socialization, but I will love you with a "nappy, bald head". At that point, I knew I had to 1) marry him and 2) do the things that would make him happy, so I permed my hair before we got married.

The funny thing is if he would not have accepted me natural, he wouldn've been the one for me. But now I do it because I know he loves me any which a way, I might as well choose the way that turns his head the most. It's best for the both of us. ;)

beloved1 said:

The funny thing is if he would not have accepted me natural, he wouldn've been the one for me. But now I do it because I know he loves me any which a way, I might as well choose the way that turns his head the most. It's best for the both of us. ;)

EXACTLY :) !! It's one thing to have a preference and one thing to just be mean and adamant about it. There are so many guys out there that love women for being just who they are, no matter what the length or style we choose to wear. At the same time we cant expect all guys to feel all lovey-dovey about natural hair when many of us didnt like it at all and did everything to hide it ourselves for a long, long time -- even those of us that are currently natural. The prize is getting the guy that's like forget all that-- i'm with YOU not the hair. It makes me feel good.

A few years ago I had a scare where I found a lump in my breast and i got all fatalistic and thought the worst like cancer and chemo, hair loss and being bald and all that stuff. Knowing that someone is by you for ALL of you and not because of this or that was such a comfort. My lump was benign but it was so comforting to know that I didnt have to be superconcerned about something superficial like 'if my husband wasnt gonna like me no more because my long hair was gone' When i think about it, being worried about something that trivial in the midst of a cancer scare actually borders on absurd.

Last edited:
Hi, guys! A little update....I've decided to cut my hair, but not Bc. I figured I'll cut it little by little each month....that way, we can both be happy. I'll be getting closer to being natural and not lose length drastically. Win/Win situation. :lol: :yay:

Back