My homemade leave in conditioner- is it safe?

Ladylynn

On my quest to find the perfect creamy leave in conditioner, I decided to get creative. I mixed a moisturizing conditioner, olive oil, and distilled water in a bottle until the consistency was very creamy. Shook it up really well to mix the ingredients and applied it to my hair before I rollerset. The results were great. My hair has never been so soft. Now my question is, do you believe that using this on my hair will cause damage in the long run? I mean, I'm no scientist. I do know that it's the best thing I have ever put in my hair as far as a moisturizing creamy leave in. Better than any store bought that I have used. What do you all think?

Well, I know the ingredients are safe, I just don't know about keeping the conditioner in my hair and not rinsing it out. That's my main concern. I'm sure I would have to clarify more often to get rid of build up.

Read this thread, it will help you understand leave-ins. It helped me!

[thread=31609] Everything's A Leave-in [/thread]

What you've mixed is pretty safe. Mix away!!! :grin:

hth

~op~

ETA: I've tried this, but it doesn't work for me. Only on wet sets, never as moisturizers. Of course, I have tried EVERY cond.!

Last edited:
Sound very moisturizing to me...I don't know why you would think those three ingredients would be harmful?

(when straightened) 4b typ/course and thick
Ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past bra-strap by
Dec 2005 ( I have 5 more true inches to get there
in 6 months!!).
Pics of my hair coming in July!

I don't think the ingredients are harmful, I was just concerned about using regular conditioner and leaving it in my hair and not rinsing it out. I guess I should have stated it better. :look:

Diane71 said:
Sound very moisturizing to me...I don't know why you would think those three ingredients would be harmful?

(when straightened) 4b typ/course and thick
Ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past bra-strap by
Dec 2005 ( I have 5 more true inches to get there
in 6 months!!).
Pics of my hair coming in July!

Thanks onepraying, this is what I was looking for. :)

onepraying said:
Read this thread, it will help you understand leave-ins. It helped me!

[thread=31609] Everything's A Leave-in [/thread]

What you've mixed is pretty safe. Mix away!!! :grin:

hth

~op~

ETA: I've tried this, but it doesn't work for me. Only on wet sets, never as moisturizers. Of course, I have tried EVERY cond.!

Back