MY Hide Your Hair Until Christmas Reveal!

amara11

The album is in my fotki under the "HYHTC Challenge" album. Sorry, The challenge started right as I did my bc, so I don't really have a stretched out/straightened b4 pic, but I do have b4 and afters for my fro, as well as afters for my recent press on the 17th of Dec. Enjoy!

Wow! That's great progress! Your hair looks so healthy, shiny, and you achieved some very nice length! Keep up the good work!

WOW ... your hair grew soooo fast and is soooooo shiney!!

What was your regimen? Also, what products did you use when you flat-ironed your hair ... gosh it's beautiful!

LiLi said:
WOW ... your hair grew soooo fast and is soooooo shiney!!

What was your regimen? Also, what products did you use when you flat-ironed your hair ... gosh it's beautiful!

Hey, thanks everyone!
Lili, my regimen is still a work in progress :p- I basically wash and deep co once a week for now (its all I have time to do!) But, evey morning when I get in the shower, I do wet it, and apply a small amount of conditioner without rinsing it out, that keeps my hair pretty soft during the day. I use Qhemet's olive cream to detangle and do my two strand twists. And I go to a haitian shop in Boston to get my press. They use the keracare line on my hair (the regular shampoo and they also shampoo once with the one for dandruff- then leave that one in for 5-10 minutes- it tingles!) After that, they dc or protein depending on my hair and she blowdries me with a round brush. Before she blowdries my hair she mists it with something (i'll have to pay more attn next time) then she blowdries. She used the flat iron most hairstylists use (the non-electric one that u have to heat up) and voila!
Im trying to improve on my regime especially in the health and body portion (i.e vitamins, water, exercise etc.) I also don't plan on getting it flat ironed for another 3 or 4 months. Thanks for all the compliments! HTH!

Your hair is, thick, healthy, gorgeous and beautiful, applause:clap: for you cutie pie!!!!!!!
keep it growing, congratulations:dance7:

Please let me know if you napps come back! Your hair looks absolutely gawgesous!:eek: ...but I am so afraid that if I flat iron my hair (for my one year update) that my napps won't come back.

Congratulations your hair looks wonderful!!! :woot:You're an inspiration for me as I transition, I'm definitely taking notes on your regimen!!

All I can say is .....WWWOOOOWWW-- what beautiful hair and great results. Keep up the good work.

vickyd

I saw your album earlier this morning as a matter of a fact I still have it open right now. I'm going to add it to the albums at the beginning of the original thread.

GREAT PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you fro and your twists very very nice!

cmw45 said:
Please let me know if you napps come back! Your hair looks absolutely gawgesous!:eek: ...but I am so afraid that if I flat iron my hair (for my one year update) that my napps won't come back.

The naps will come back....:lol:

Amara....great job. You can really see the growth when you compare the two pics with the twists...

:eek: Awesome!!! You did brilliantly. Your hair looks lovely - and you are gawgeous too. :D congratulations.

See, now why didn't I just keep up with the challenge like I was meant too... :lol:

Just had a look at your album and your hair is beautiful, You have made great progress from the day you bc'd.

I wish i was brave enough to do the chop, either way your photo's are an inspiration, i think you've got yourself a stalker now :eek:

Back