My Henna Results - Thanks to Lavendar!!!

sqzbly1908

Hello Friends -

I just had to share my results of my Henna Gloss. I used Lavendar's recipe with the exception of not using the Lustrasilk - I just used a combination of conditioners I had at home - Nexxus Humectress, a little Aphogee moisturizing condish sample ( I know, I know but I had to use it up), VO5 Strawberry condish and what was left of my Ojon moisturizing condish.

Anyway - even though this is my 1st experience with Henna, I left it on overnight, praying that I would not wake up looking like Bozo. I also am in the MegaTek challenge and it has really strengthened and thickened my fine hair. When styling my hair - I only roller/wrap.

Below are my before and after pics....

Attachments

• Before Henna.jpg
    Before Henna.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 303
  • Henna 2.jpg
    Henna 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 341
Hi Cherokia-Rose!

Thank you for the compliment!

I used the Jamila Henna (with date stamp) 100 grams and used 1/4 cup of VO5 and with the rest of conditioners - combined them all until it equaled 1/4 cup and hot tap water -

well, the only diff i see is color. your hair was already blingin!
ny

Thanks Girl - but don't let the "smooth taste fool you":lachen:....my hair had a little sheen to it but the Henna added a lot of body - I would get volume and body when I roller/wrapped but not this much. I am about 6 week post and it seemed to have relaxed my new growth (a little bit)

hm, smoothed out the ng you say? might have to try it then, may help my transition....

Hey girlie! Now you know I am tickled to death that you tried the henna gloss. Your hair looks fantabulous! I am so happy that you are pleased with the results. Henna is a fine-haired girl's best friend!:yep:

Wow, it really looks thicker and I love the color on you. Nice! I wonder if there is a such a thing as clear henna? (Just thinking out loud)

Hi Cherokia-Rose!

Thank you for the compliment!

I used the Jamila Henna (with date stamp) 100 grams and used 1/4 cup of VO5 and with the rest of conditioners - combined them all until it equaled 1/4 cup and hot tap water -

Where did you purchase this particular type?

Your hair looks wonderful. (Not that it looked bad to begin with) Nice shine. What does henna do exactly. I'm still new to this. Thanks

Your hair looks wonderful. (Not that it looked bad to begin with) Nice shine. What does henna do exactly. I'm still new to this. Thanks

Hey Mai Tai!!

Thanks Girl! I am really lovin' your do- those highlights are on point! Anyway - Henna is a powdered dye that strengthens the hair, it that hails from Iran, Pakistan, etc. Depending on the type that you use, determines the color that it deposits.

Some use it for color, some for conditioning - I actually am using for both and was shocked at the results. You see and hear so much on this board but until you actually experience it is when there is true validation.

Check out Lavendar's fotki - http://public.fotki.com/Lavendar2/ and
www.hennaforhair.com/ for more detailed information - not too mention if you put Henna in the search engine on LHCF - the information is mind-boggling but I read every bit of it before deciding on doing it.

This is how my hair is going to look when I grow up :drunk: -

Where did you purchase this particular type?

I bought mine from mehindiskinart.com that was before I found out about a LHCF'er that has a site ...hennasooq.com and EBAY. If you get the Jamila Henna - make sure that it is a date stamped box - the site will tell you whether it is or not.

Hello Friends -

I just had to share my results of my Henna Gloss. I used Lavendar's recipe with the exception of not using the Lustrasilk - I just used a combination of conditioners I had at home - Nexxus Humectress, a little Aphogee moisturizing condish sample ( I know, I know but I had to use it up), VO5 Strawberry condish and what was left of my Ojon moisturizing condish.

Anyway - even though this is my 1st experience with Henna, I left it on overnight, praying that I would not wake up looking like Bozo. I also am in the MegaTek challenge and it has really strengthened and thickened my fine hair. When styling my hair - I only roller/wrap.

Below are my before and after pics....

Your Hair Looks Thicker Much Thicker! And The Shine Is GRRRREAT! Happy Hair Growing!

So is "henna gloss" mainly for conditioning properties?

It can be for those that do not want the benefit of color, there are quite a few aspects to it. The reason I did the gloss as opposed to the just Henna is that I see that it can be drying on the hair and my little fine hair does not need any additional stress. This was my first time using Henna and I had no problems rinsing it out.

LOVE the shine!! Very pretty. I must be the only person on earth who can't get a shine like that from henna.

ny

Thanks Girl - but don't let the "smooth taste fool you":lachen:....my hair had a little sheen to it but the Henna added a lot of body - I would get volume and body when I roller/wrapped but not this much. I am about 6 week post and it seemed to have relaxed my new growth (a little bit)
Thank you so much for sharing this, and here is another reason I am going to henna.... It will help with my shrinkage because I have an entire head, 5 inches of new growth! :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing this, and here is another reason I am going to henna.... It will help with my shrinkage because I have an entire head, 5 inches of new growth! :lol:

(bolded) I don't see how you natural chicks maintain...I start trippin' when I get puffy (Thank God for Rollers) and my hair is baby fine so it just does not look right at all:nono:

Please let me know how it turns out!!!

I just had to chime in and say thanks to Lavendar for this recipe. I tried it yesterday and my hair feels great! I used room temperature bottled spring water, instead of hot tap water, but that was the only significant difference (I didn't want too much color transfer so I didn't do the hot water).

My first henna experience was horrid...hair was dry and brittle and took months to get back to normal. :wallbash: However, with Lavendar's recipe my hair stayed supple and moist and feels so lush, silky, and healthy. It rinsed out easily and there is no dryness or brittleness.:yep:

This will become my staple henna recipe!:grin:

(bolded) I don't see how you natural chicks maintain...I start trippin' when I get puffy (Thank God for Rollers) and my hair is baby fine so it just does not look right at all:nono:

Please let me know how it turns out!!!
It turned out fabulous, the next henna I do, I am going to roller set and take pictures!! :up:

I'm bumping this for another member. I don't have exact measurements for my batch, I just eyeballed it but the really good thing I did was use chamomile tea as my warm liquid to develop my color. Then I added my conditioner and my oils. Next time I won't add so much conditioner.

Back