MY HAIRSTORY AND PICS GALORE -MY TIME TO SHARE

Bnster

WARNING THIS IS LENGTHY AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY, PICS, PICS, PICS!

2 years I have been a part of LHCF. Wow how time has flown with my hair now flowing down my back.

JAN012011FUNPIC4-vi.jpg

Well okay I am not MBL, but I am claiming APL and it does flows on my back. :lol: Can I ever be satisfied I am craving for more length. Truly I love my new look with my hair flow past my shoulders. Let you in on a secret I am not totally satisfied I want it longer it doesn’t look long enough and APL is just a little disappointing. Yet this is not stopping my parade because my hard work paid off and I am pleasantly surprised family are coming to me for advice. I hope my cousins joins me here on LHCF, I do want some friends online.

So what is my story, how did I get here? So here is a little of my hairstory-

The straw that broke the camel back came at year end of Dec’08 on a cold and stormy night ...

I was in the hairdresser seat all excited for my touch up, so I put my hair in my hairdresser trusting hands. Now I am sitting there knowing I had a broken/eaten up spot that should not be a surprise to him since it was there the last time and he my HS had the balls and the nerve to say so loudly in his jokingly ill manners ways "Girl what happen back there, someone ate it up...". He was loud people, loud and there were other customers, I am trying to look pretty, well put together and comments like that being broadcasted, what the heck was that. I hated everything spurting out of his very mouth. :sad: Now I dreaded the HS chair. So that's what sparked me onto my hair journey to improve the health of my hair, his hated comments made me feel so a shame of my hair an ill reflection on me. If I don't like something well I need to do something about it and he was no help in the matter. My gears got ticking and my questions started rolling and needed answers in why couldn’t the back of my hair grow, why was it damaged, and what could I do about it? It wasn’t about length back then it was about healthy hair. Now it is about both.

So in Jan 09 I say I started my HHJ where I found YouTube searching for answers and then onto this wonderful site LHCF, which fed me to my heart’s content. I learned I can grow my 4a/4b hair long and healthy if I cared it and that's what I focused on throughout this journey. Within the two years I went from NL broken hair at the back to healthy SL and currently at APL Jan 2011. I too had my battles with a SHS that kept my growth on slow progress (basically chopped off my progress – ugh especially in '09!). Chop, chop, chop seeing all my efforts and good money cast and trampled upon his shop floor without a care, I was the one that cared, he didn’t, he was about evening up my hair and fancy haircuts. Somewhere last year I put a stop to his scissor hands, it was the last time I needed to wipe my tears and finally opened my eyes that I needed to stand up to this SHS bully and direct him to my needs and not his ideas for my hair. Since then I have been able to see my growth to a somewhat satisfaction. You ladies instilled that fight in me and I so thank you for that. So my heartfelt thanks to you all and here are some of my delayed pics.

Oh my poor NAPE, I am still working on it, included pics because it is part of my hair journey. The last time I saw it started to grow was when I was using MT and MN. This year I will revisit those items.

FIRST THE HOT MESS

DSCN1839-vi.jpg

Jan 2009 - NL
Good cut - One thing about my HS he can cut real nice short hairstyles.

Hair013109-vi.jpg

HE CUT SO NO ONE COULD TELL IT WAS BREAKAGE - JUST ANOTHER HAIRSTYLE - BREAKAGE SHOWN BELOW - HE IS A VERY GOOD STYLIST

LHCFHair013109pic2copy-vi.jpg

DSCN3597-vi.jpg

AUG 2009 - LHCF (@ 4 MONTHS IN)

BacklengthSLAug3109p2-vi.jpg

FronthairlengthSLAug3109p2-vi.jpg

MY AWFUL NAPE - UGH

NapeAug3109p10-vi.jpg

SidelengthAug3109p1copy-vi.jpg

JAN 2010 - SL (SLOW PROGRESS - MANY CUTS)

HairPicsJan032010002LHCF-vi.jpg

HairPicsJan032010001LHCF-vi.jpg

HairPicsJan032010LHCF-vi.jpg

APR 2010 - NAPE WAS GROWING WITH MT & MN - I WAS QUITE PLEASED
Note - I think I was using it for 3 months or so, then stop since I found it drying and irritated me. Though It WORKED. I AM GOING BACK TO THAT!

HairApr122010005-vi.jpg

AUG 2010

052710LENGTHBACKCHK-vi.jpg

052710BACKPONYTAIL-vi.jpg

052710FrontProfile-vi.jpg

NOW THE DRUM ROLL PLEASE....... 2011

JAN 2011 - APL !!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

AH YOU CAN SEE MY SHS DIDN'T GET HIS HANDS ON MY HAIR - HE MUST BE CRYING A :nono:, BUT WHO CARES THIS IS MY HEAD OF HAIR. IT WILL BE CUT AND I DON'T SEE ANY SPLIT ENDS SO HERE GOES.

JAN122011FUNPIC-vi.jpg

LHCFIMG_0229copy-vi.jpg

ENDS CURLED A LITTLE

LHCF_IMG_0320copy-vi.jpg

AH MY POOR NAPE
WET
JAN092011NAPEWET2-vi.jpg

NG 12 WEEKS POST RELAXER

JAN012011NGTOP-vi.jpg

JAN072011TOPVIEWBUN-vi.jpg

Boy this took a lot of work to post this thread! I really appreciate you ladies more when you take your time to post your updates!

ETA: OH I LOVE MY HAIR. hehehe
: OOPS MEANT 12 WEEKS NOT MONTHS. CORRECTED. THAT WAS FUNNY.
NOW SOME FUN SHOTS, ENJOY!

Attachments

• JAN 01 2011 FUN PIC2.jpg
    JAN 01 2011 FUN PIC2.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 158
  • JAN 01 2011 FUN PIC3.jpg
    JAN 01 2011 FUN PIC3.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 141
  • JAN 01 2011 FUN PIC.jpg
    JAN 01 2011 FUN PIC.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Jan 2011 fun pic.jpg
    Jan 2011 fun pic.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 146
  • JAN 09 2011 WET HAIR.jpg
    JAN 09 2011 WET HAIR.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
WOW thats WONDERFUL Progress!!! Your hair looks very pretty and has a great Shine!

You know I never really noticed the shine until I posted these last pictures and notices the biggest change from my journey are my ends. The constant care of them they are not frizzy any more.

Thanks for sharing your story. Your hair progress is great. I am glad you left the SHS and are now reaching your hair goals. Your hair looks great.

Thanks for sharing your story. Your hair progress is great. I am glad you left the SHS and are now reaching your hair goals. Your hair looks great.

Oh I have left him this year, because I know if I go back to him the fight will be on. I am 13 weeks post and need a relaxer soon. So I will be really doing my research to relax my own hair. I have relaxed my mother's and niece's hair but I don't like what they are using. So I am going to be a DIYER finally! Just heard the other day on this board about CHI Brilliant Relaxer - need more research on that.

Must have been mid of last year I stood firm and told him no cut or I was leaving his chair. He listened. But didn't mean he didn't try each time I returned for a touch up. No came out of my mouth and he had to listen.

Then again I finally told him early next year meaning this year now, he could trim it. Heck now way, that man is known for his stylish hair cuts. Not mine will he be getting.

Looks great! Great progress!

I'm glad that you're going to try to do your relaxers yourself from now on, because I think your nape looked like that from your stylist not rinsing out the relaxer well in that area.

When your head is in the bowl, it's hard for the stylist to rinse that area thoroughly and not get water down the client's back, so most stylists kind of half a** it.

I think if you do your relaxers yourself, you'll be able to rinse your hair really well in the shower and your nape should make a really good comeback.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Looks great! Great progress!

I'm glad that you're going to try to do your relaxers yourself from now on, because I think your nape looked like that from your stylist not rinsing out the relaxer well in that area.

When your head is in the bowl, it's hard for the stylist to rinse that area thoroughly and not get water down the client's back, so most stylist's kind of half a** it.

I think if you do your relaxers yourself, you'll be able to rinse your hair really well in the shower and your nape should make a really good comeback.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on that. You try to tell them to rinse very well, but don't feel they are doing a great job. I will make sure that I do it right. This is a big step for me and I am willing to take it. I was thinking of not relaxing the nape for a while to see if that helps. Cause 2 yrs there should be progress in that area. So I need to figure it out.

Any more advice what to watch out for is much appreciated!

Your hair looks great!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Keep up the good work! The only other advice I would have for your nape is to gently massage it with your fingertips in the evening.

Back