My Hairline is coming back slowly but surely...(pics)

SelfStyled

Slow and steady wins the race:yep:- nothing dramatic at all just wanted to share some progress pics of my hairline.

Some background info on me: I was diagnosed with genetic hair loss in 2007, I had relied on weaves for about 3 years before finding the hair boards. In 2007 I quit weaving cold turkey, I am not knocking weaves at all, I wish I could wear them, but they are not the protective style for me at all.

I have not experienced any dramatic length changes, but my hair is slowly getting healthier:yep:, I have been feeling very discouraged lately, but after looking at some old pictures today, I realized how far I have actually come.

All this to say- keep the spirit ladies, do not give up on your goal for healthy hair.

Okay enough words..... here are the progress pics.

that is a great improvement. My temples are thinning and it seems I'm rushing to grow them back. I should be patient like you have been & then I think I would see results. Thank you -SelfStyled for the inspiration.

nice progress. I may need to go get checked out to see if that's my issue. My temples are like that and have been worse bald at one point. But when I look at my mom's, grandmother and aunts hairline they are very thin and patchy none of them wear weaves. My mom wears wigs.

Great Job! You give me hope because my edges look like that and I was thinking that I may never have edges again but you make me wanna keep pushing, THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Congrats on your progress!!! You did a great job.
Can I ask what happened to cause the breakage in the first place? Did you have a baby?

Congrats on your progress!!! You did a great job.
Can I ask what happened to cause the breakage in the first place? Did you have a baby?

Good question,after the birth of my youngest (he is 6 now)- I had the worst post partum shedding, my edges never really recovered, they would grow back a little, and then fall back out. The tension from weaving did not help either. I thought I was just doomed to no edges until I found LHCF.

Don't be discouraged, you have made great progress! Strides in everything else will happen in time. Just keep doing what you are doing!

SelfStyled: Thank you for being so Transparent about your 'Edges'

It takes a Woman Comfortable in Her own Skin to be able to honestly share what is really going on with her.:yep:

I am sure this thread will help many of 'us' that struggle with edges, crowns,napes, etc.......Your Open-ness, Honesty and Advice on just Being "Patient" speaks Volumes.:hug3:

Definitely Appreciated and an Inspiration.:kiss:

Great Progress.:congrats:

Thanks for Sharing.:love2:

Back