My Hair update...NEW PICS!

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

Today is the 12th, my official update day. I'm 4 weeks post relaxer, and my news pics were taken today after I washed, deep conditioned, blowdried and flat ironed. My daughter is ill (so she's very clingy today), so I didn't have the time to get my roots as straight as I would have liked but it will have to do for now....Anyhow, it doesn't look like I've made any real progress length wise but my roots tell a different story. I'm not sure if it's new growth or underprocessed hair from my last touch up, but I have a whole lot of roots for just 4 weeks. I dunno...my progress hasn't been major, but I'm inching along...I will get to my brastap eventually...
ohwell.gif

http://public.fotki.com/CatEyedCutie/

OMG I love your hair I would kill for hair like that lol but I would probly have to cut all mine off and start over for it to ever look close to that I think you can tell I really like you hair and you took your pics nicely I will have to try that way next time I update mine

thanks for the compliments...I had to resize my pics as I am running out of room so my page will be under construction for the next 5-10 minutes....sorry I'll be sure to let you know when I'm done,

Okay I'm all done...I go thru all the trouble of deleting, shrinking and reposting pics....for them to tell me I'm taking up even more space...WHATEVER! Big ole waste of time....BOOOO Fotki, lol. I lost all of my comments for nothing, ah well. Anyhow, my page is back up and running, so enjoy.

Awwww, thanks so much Singingstar....I needed to hear that today. I'm sick as a dog and feel like garbage, my darling daughter has passed her virus along, lol. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and kind words...

Thanks AFashionSlave, I just saw your pics and they make me consider the big chop. Just don't have the time to look after my natural hair right now, maybe in a few years. After I reach my goal length, I think I'm gonna take the plunge...

My regime:

1. Wash, deep condition, blowdry and flat iron once a week. I do conditioner washes every day in the summer. I plan to clairify every third week of the month, and use protein every 6th week. I use the same shampoo and conditioner for 1.5-2 months apart from the weeks where I clairify and reconstruct.

2. Scalp massages every night for 3-5 minutes

3. Tie hair down nightly with a satin scarf

4. Wear a protective style at least 5 days a week

5. Get relaxers every 12 weeks

6. Drink 2 gallons of water a day

Here is a list of my products:

Clairol Daily Renewal Rehydrate Formula Shampoo & Conditioner

Clairol Daliy Renewal Refresh Formula Shampoo (clarifying)

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner

Biosilk Silk Therapy Shampoo & Conditioner

Inner Science Extra Moisture Care Shampoo, Conditioner & Straightening Mist

Pantene Relaxed & Natural Shampoo & Conditioner

Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair, Aphogee Intensive 2 Minute Kreatine Reconstructer (protein tratment)

Farouk Biosilk Silk Therapy & Fantasia IC Hair Polisher (blowdrying & styling agents)

Suave Professionals Humectant

Vitamins I take daily

Fish Oil 1000mg x 2 (for circulation)

Calcium Carbonate with Vitamin D x 2 (for my bones)

Puritan's Pride Amino 1500 x 3

Puritan's Pride Mega Vitamins for the Hair x 3

Purtian's Pride Silica Complex (for skin)

Puritan's Pride MSM powder (for my knee and hair)

Puritan's Pride Flaxseed oil (for metabolism)

Puritan's Pride super biotin (for hair)

Back