My hair told me last night it is verrrrry happpy

fancypants007

I'm going to start washing my hair at least twice a week, so I'm using shikakhai oil as my hairwash. I put some all over my scalp and hair and proceeded to scratch my scalp for 10 minutes. I then put some cheap conditioner that I had in my cabinet on my hair for about 5-10 minutes, and then I rinsed. I put some balsam type conditioner that I just bought particularly on my hair ends, left on for about 1 minute and rinsed. I didn't comb my hair to detangle it. I sprayed hair strengthener on my hair and then added my hairdressing that I just bought. Pinned up the front part of my hair and let it airdry for about 2 hours. I then plaited my hair in 4 braids, pinned them up, put on my satin cap and went to bed. This morning when I took down my hair it was sooooooo moisturized and soft. I just styled in my usual bun. I think the shikakhai oil wash is very good, and I believe these dominican type conditioner/hairdressing that I just bought is very good for my hair as well. I am just so pleased and my hair is pleased as well. I found these products doing a search for dominican conditioners and this brand came up. It's called Mirtha dePerales and you can buy them at Amazon.com. I bought the hair mask, hair balsam conditioner rinse, and the hairdressing with placenta. These are keepers for my hair.

Congrats! :flowers:

Shakakai oil makes my hair happy too. It feels very clean, but not stripped.

*if you have a slow cooker with a 'warm' setting it's really easy and cheap to make your own.*

Congrats! :flowers:

Shakakai oil makes my hair happy too. It feels very clean, but not stripped.

*if you have a slow cooker with a 'warm' setting it's really easy and cheap to make your own.*

I like shikahai oil because it helps to prevent hair fall. I usually get alot of shedding and I know its normal, but I still want to help curb it. I found very little hair fall yesterday when I was applying my hairdressing to my hair. Usually I see strands of hair in my hands, and I saw very little. I will be doing the shikahai powder + alma powder treatment after my shikahai oilwash on saturdays so between the Tuesday wash and Saturday wash/treatment, I hope I can control how much hair comes out.

Back