My hair looks like crap today....

beana3

I'm really peeved, my hair looks so dry and hard its unbelieveable!!! My last wash was a complete diaster. I guess i'm really upset because i'm going to see my mentor who i haven't seen since this past summer. she's really big on hair and i just feel awkward! My ponytail wont even lay correctly. I plead with you all... NEVER use Optimum Rich conditioner, It leftmy hair really soft but it was tangled and matted so bad! I tried to pull out my old detangling rinse and it just made matters worse! Then i did my twist out with a serum instead of my (dont curse me for this) beloved mineral oil and petrolatum laden Fantasia Oil moisturizer an my hair looks like a scarecrow's. I'll never step out of my product rotation again. I think i'm gonna slap on my wig and wash this bad boy tonight or tomorrow..

Tonight do a mayo conditioner for a hour. and then condition wash that out, use no shampoo unless it Creame of Nature but do a co wash then after that get some wave nouveau finishing lotion and put that on..your hair will be soft. I did this last week.

~Napptural

thanks for the rec, my regime is similiar to what you posted! I use ORS mayo for a condit and c/o wash with tropical aloe or milk and honey. I finish off with motions leave in and sometimes use Scurl or Fantasia oil moisturizer.
My problem came when i used ALL different products!! I wanted to try a few other producs and i guess i got what i deserved...

i feel ya girl, my hair sucks today too. i've been using the flexirods and my hair is so soft that they won't stay. when i used to rod it, i used the blue liquid lottabody, but my stylist said that that may have contributed to my breakage. so, this time, i used the lottabody creme and then again the dudley setting lotion. my curls are pretty when it's first done, but once i sleep on em, that's it. they flatten and frizz. i don't know what to do.
frown.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
thanks for the rec, my regime is similiar to what you posted! I use ORS mayo for a condit and c/o wash with tropical aloe or milk and honey. I finish off with motions leave in and sometimes use Scurl or Fantasia oil moisturizer.
My problem came when i used ALL different products!! I wanted to try a few other producs and i guess i got what i deserved...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was using the ors too, until a friend of mine told me to just use real mayo (out of the fridge) and follow up with a moisturzing lotion like wave,scurl etc....
leave the other stuff out...and see what happens. Use the real mayo and the scurl and see what you get.

I'm having a bad hair day too....and the weather isn't helping. Tonight I'm gonna do a deep, deep, conditioning and wear my hair in a protective style tomorrow.

My hair definitely looks like crap today...it hasn't looked this bad in months, and the wind and snowfall here in Manhattan are making matters worse. I will either get a deep condition at the salon or take matters into my own hands.
smile.gif

LOL; My hair is looking bad today, too!!

I air-dried it over the weekend in a twist-out but it didn't come out right because my fiance was here and I just left the twists down instead of putting rollers on the ends like I usually do (trying to be cute
grin.gif
). Anyway the twist-out came out looking like a mess so I ended up having to slather it with activator and brush it out. So I'm wearing it in a bun with a scrunchie around it today, and it doesn't even look smooth because of the remnants of my twist-out...
crazy.gif

how's everyone's hair doing today? i'm better. i rollerset it and while it's kinda big, it looks 100% better.

thanks for asking dstdiva! Well i c/o washed my hair last night and braided it up in a few plaits for airdrying. My braids are GLEAMING, so i assume i'll have seriously shiny hair when i undo them.

...same here. I have washed my hair every two days within the last week cause my hair is not looking how I want it too. Anyway Im juist going to go back to wearing my hair in a bun, because when I want to wear it out it isn't coming out right, unless I go the hairdresser.

After posting on this thread yesterday, I had to wash my hair (condition wash). Looks much better today - thick, full and bouncy. It's almost time for a touch-up, but I'm going to hold out another two weeks.
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
butterscotch said:
After posting on this thread yesterday, I had to wash my hair (condition wash). Looks much better today - thick, full and bouncy. It's almost time for a touch-up, but I'm going to hold out another two weeks.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing. I couldn't wait to get home and shampoo and deep conditionn my hair. It feels much better today. I hate it when my hair feels dry.

Mine is better today too. I didn't wash it again yet, but last night I sprayed it really good with my UBH Dew and put in some Vitapointe and at least it's straighter and shiny now.
smile.gif
I'm wearing it pulled back in a low ponytail. It looks nice and thick from the airdrying.

Back