My hair is thirsty!

amara11

:confused: Help! My hair 4a/b hair is thirsty and I need to find a good moisturizer that will actually pentrate my hair. Im finding that before I go to sleep with the moisturizers I've tried thus far, my hair feels alright, then when I sleep (with a satin bonnet or scarf) and wake up, my hair feels hard and dry again- not to mention a slight bit oily when I rub it b/t my fingers. What gives. Right now as a moisturizer I was using Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme, feels okay during the day, but like I said, after I go to sleep and wake up its a different story. Also, what conditioner is really good for 4a/b hair as well. I was looking at Joico and Kenra lines, but Im not sure if I should go commercial or natural. What do you ladies think?

amara11

I have 4b hair and for moisturizing conditioners I use aubrey organics honeysuckle and rose or camellia conditioner. I also have use silk elements or queen helene cholesterol with good results. Many ladies here use the kenra moisturizing conditioner with good results but it didn't work for me.

As far as daily moisturizers go I use jane carter nourish and shine, ors olive oil creme and b&b castor oil lotion. Don't forget to clarify your hair as well. Sometimes when your products don't seem to be working you just need to deep clean. I was having an issue with one of my favorite leave-ins and a lady here recommended that I clarify and it totally did the trick. I totally forgot about it.

i have the same problem. i tried ors olive oil like the board suggested, but that seemed to make it hard after a while. i just use stay so sof come out spray for moisture than regular olive oil to seal in the moisture and put a shower cap on for 10 mins. then i'm moisturized for the rest of the day.

Water and oil has been working wonders for my new twa and i have a bottle that is 1/4 braid spray 1/4 infusium and the rest is water and my hair loves it:D :D :D

knottyaaverage said:
i have the same problem. i tried ors olive oil like the board suggested, but that seemed to make it hard after a while. i just use stay so sof come out spray for moisture than regular olive oil to seal in the moisture and put a shower cap on for 10 mins. then i'm moisturized for the rest of the day.

I like this suggestion:yep: I'm going to try it... Also, make sure you clarify and use a good leave-in. I use Abba nourishing or Curls Milkshake.

Last edited:
Back