My hair is destroyed HELP!!!!!

That's what i thought. I sat there and said to him i wanted a lye relaxer and he said it was. Here is a picture of what he used. I looked at it and remembered the name. I'm so mad at myself right now.

Yep that's definitely no lye. An Avlon rep told me years ago that lye only comes in the large tub and the smaller tubs will always be no lye. Whether fiberguard or not.
eta
The no lye requires an activator hence multiple bottles and the mixing. I was switched to lye after using the no lye but it was just a regular touchup. I refused a corrective and it wasn't necessary.

Last edited:
I think thats silk elements moisturizing treatment in the green container? You can deep condition with that after u use the aveda. Also if the scurl works for u that should be good after your leave in. I'd seal with the evoo and use the jojoba oil with the aloe vera as my prepoo like mzteaze said.

I think thats silk elements moisturizing treatment in the green container? You can deep condition with that after u use the aveda. Also if the scurl works for u that should be good after your leave in. I'd seal with the evoo and use the jojoba oil with the aloe vera as my prepoo like mzteaze said.

Yep:yep: It is the silk elements moisturizing treatment. I have two of them. Thanks for the suggestions!! It helps a lot:yep:

I do have Aloe vera gel for the skin. A pic of it is attached below. Is that okay to use in the hair? If so I would love to use that with the oils as a moisture infuse....that's a great idea.

Anything else on the pics you see that's good to use?

Also I can buy one or two items. If I have to, I will make a sacrifice. Which two would be most important to add to what I already have in your opinion?

Thanks so much:yep:

Well ideally, if I had to venture a real guess, I would suggest that you get a moisturizing conditioner - a really good one. If you have an Ulta nearby, print the coupon off their website and go get something. JC Penney's normally has coupons and a limited stock as another choice. I can help you find coupons if needed.

I've used the store shelf based aloe vera before until I switched to the minimally processed kind. It should work altho I like the minimally processed kind more...just preference.

Just keep in mind, while we can all suggest products - its really your TECHNIQUE that's important, not really the product. Keep your hair moisturized, practice low manipulation, when you wash make sure you cover both protein and moisture - if you are unsure, use more moisture than protein to make it balanced.

Yep that's definitely no lye. An Avlon rep told me years ago that lye only comes in the large tub and the smaller tubs will always be no lye. Whether fiberguard or not.
eta
The no lye requires an activator hence multiple bottles and the mixing. I was switched to lye after using the no lye but it was just a regular touchup. I refused a corrective and it wasn't necessary.

Thanks. If I do another relaxer after I've revived my hair if thats POSSIBLE:ohwell: I will not do a corrective, I will just relax with the Lye Affirm. :yep:

I'm thinking i won't mess with the relaxer again unless I big chop though. Havent decided for sure. I'm gonna baby my hair for awhile and decide after a month or so of doing this.

Well ideally, if I had to venture a real guess, I would suggest that you get a moisturizing conditioner - a really good one. If you have an Ulta nearby, print the coupon off their website and go get something. JC Penney's normally has coupons and a limited stock as another choice. I can help you find coupons if needed.

I've used the store shelf based aloe vera before until I switched to the minimally processed kind. It should work altho I like the minimally processed kind more...just preference.

Just keep in mind, while we can all suggest products - its really your TECHNIQUE that's important, not really the product. Keep your hair moisturized, practice low manipulation, when you wash make sure you cover both protein and moisture - if you are unsure, use more moisture than protein to make it balanced.

My picture of the Aloe Vera wouldnt load for some reason. But its from Whole foods and its minimally processed. 99% aloe vera. So I will use that as suggested. I will def focus on the technique and low manipulation. My hair has been manipulated enough:yep: I think I will be wet-bunning for a few months. No heat. Thanks for all your help Msteaze. It means a lot:yep:

Ladies!!!

Just and Update:-)

Me and my hair are doing great! Thanks to Mzteaze and Girl626:yep:

What worked for me:

Deep conditioning moisturizing treatments:Aloe Vera Juice, Silk elements olive oil moisturizing treatment and Olive oil all mixed together

Also the thing that TOTALLY REVIVED MY HAIR: Silk Elements mega Cholesterol and a regular ole EGG:lol:

The first protein treatment I did Nexxus Emergencee didnt do anything, I still noticed tons and tons and tons of little hairs all over the sink and my neck. But the next week I did another treatment as Girl626 suggested with the silk elements megacholesterol and an EGG and the breakage stopped in its tracks!! I folowed it up with a deep moisturizing treatment.

This week I did another treatment with the Egg and silk elements mega cholesterol treatment and There were only a few hairs lost!!!:yep: I'm happy and salvaging my hair!!

Thanks Ladies:yep:

Back