my hair is all amy winehouse about evco

omachine

this was the epiphany i had last week...my hair does not :nono: like coconut oil....no, no, no, ...evco has repeatedly made my hair knot up and unmanageable...but like dana scully i refused to believe...i allowed all those positive testimonies about evco to go to head, literally and figuratively...but i'm a changed woman... i stopped using the oil on my hair and started drinking it with my bolthouse mocca drink...my hair is now knot-free and i've lost two pounds from drinking the coconut oil...

so my question to you good folks is what do you do with products you can no longer use in your hair???

do you give them away, throw them in the trash, reuse them on another part of your body, try to get a refund or, if you can, incorporate them into your diet??

this was the epiphany i had last week...my hair does not :nono: like coconut oil....no, no, no, ...evco has repeatedly made my hair knot up and unmanageable...but like dana scully i refused to believe...i allowed all those positive testimonies about evco to go to head, literally and figuratively...but i'm a changed woman... i stopped using the oil on my hair and started drinking it with my bolthouse mocca drink...my hair is now knot-free and i've lost two pounds from drinking the coconut oil...

so my question to you good folks is what do you do with products you can no longer use in your hair???

do you give them away, throw them in the trash, reuse them on another part of your body, try to get a refund or, if you can, incorporate them into your diet??

My hair acts like that if I don't dampen my hair first or use certain techniques to wash it out. Plus i always mix it with EVOO. Makes a difference for me!

I give some products to my mom, or if I hink they're no good, I just toss 'em.

My hair acts like that if I don't dampen my hair first or use certain techniques to wash it out. Plus i always mix it with EVOO. Makes a difference for me!

I give some products to my mom, or if I hink they're no good, I just toss 'em.

keyawarren. i tried mixing it with olive oil. then olive oil and castro oil. then shea butter. by itself or combined with any other product it still completely tangles my hair. everyone on here is seeing great benefits from using evco and i'm honestly disappointed that i haven't experienced the same results.

My hair absolutely HATES coconut oil. It will tangle like crazy or get really dry after using evco. :ohwell: I have used it on wet hair, dry hair, tried it as a hot oil, tried mixing it with other oils :blah:...NO LUCK. After all of the positive reviews, I just couldn't believe that my hair was being such a snob:nono2: . I had to let it go....NEXT!

My hair hates EVCO as well! That goes to show you that just because someone might have your same hair texture, it doesn't mean that you can use their hair products and get the same result. All heads of hair are unique and you need to get to know your own hair and its likes and dislikes.

OP, do you live in a warm climate? My hair hates EVCO in the winter--it hardens with the cool temps and makes my hair feel dry. Works much better for me in the warmer summer temps.

Thanks a lot, omachine, now I have that song in my head! I know what I'll be listening to on my way to work today. :laugh:

Castor oil. Too dang thick. The caramel treatment everyone was in love with awhile ago. Garlic pills. Good for heart health and lady parts health, didn't do ish for my shedding.

Thanks a lot, omachine, now I have that song in my head! I know what I'll be listening to on my way to work today. :laugh:

Castor oil. Too dang thick. The caramel treatment everyone was in love with awhile ago. Garlic pills. Good for heart health and lady parts health, didn't do ish for my shedding.
Have you tried a tea rinse for shedding?

but to the OP Like someone else said, some things just aren't for every body. I can't use just straight glycerin in my hair. I have to mix it with a bunch of other stuff. I don't think my hair likes egg very much either.

I know how you feel OP. My hair is sometime-y with EVCO. Sometimes it likes it...other times NOT! And my hair hateshateshates plain shea butter!

My hair absolutely HATES coconut oil. It will tangle like crazy or get really dry after using evco. :ohwell: I have used it on wet hair, dry hair, tried it as a hot oil, tried mixing it with other oils :blah:...NO LUCK. After all of the positive reviews, I just couldn't believe that my hair was being such a snob:nono2: . I had to let it go....NEXT!

chasturner84, i so giggle at the comment about your hair being a snob. i feel like i'm in the same boat. i am such a contrary person, or so i've been told and now i've found out that my hair is too. :yep:

My hair hates EVCO as well! That goes to show you that just because someone might have your same hair texture, it doesn't mean that you can use their hair products and get the same result. All heads of hair are unique and you need to get to know your own hair and its likes and dislikes.

lovenharmony, you are so right, all heads are unique! it's been a slow process but i'm slowly discovering my hair's likes and dislikes.

OP, do you live in a warm climate? My hair hates EVCO in the winter--it hardens with the cool temps and makes my hair feel dry. Works much better for me in the warmer summer temps.

lola. i live in the northern east region. right now we are experincing lots of rain. maybe it is a seasonal thing. i dunno.

I just figured out that coconut oil was making my face break out. My hair loves it too, but it's gotta go. So sad. I think I'm good with EVOO. Looks like I need to give the JCS Nourish and Shine another try.

My hair hates coconut oil straight, but loves Vatika oil and coconut oil mixed with stuff, sometimes. I hate olive oil in my hair. Like a lot.

...lady, omg! i've jumped on so many product bandwagons i feel like a junky...everytime i come on this site i have to talk myself out of racing to the nearest bss looking for another fix.

I know how you feel OP. My hair is sometime-y with EVCO. Sometimes it likes it...other times NOT! And my hair hateshateshates plain shea butter!

pink....shea butter by itself gives my hair the frights..i have to sneak it in by mixing it with some other product...sometimes i feel like macgyver the way i have to rig so many products together...

Back