my hair hates MSM aloe vera and

Avyn

Anything that has mucopolysaccharides. Last year I read abt the growth promoting benefits of mps and purposely started buying products with them and my hair began drying out and becoming brittle. When I used aloe vera gel my hair texture completely changed. It lost its natural curl pattern and was a weird dry kind of feeling. When I started taking msm internally my 4a/b hair started growing in 4zz. I stopped and then started on it again thinking it may have been smthin else and the same results. Anything I use w mps changes the texture, look and feel of my hair. Why? Could I b allergic?

Anything that has mucopolysaccharides. Last year I read abt the growth promoting benefits of mps and purposely started buying products with them and my hair began drying out and becoming brittle. When I used aloe vera gel my hair texture completely changed. It lost its natural curl pattern and was a weird dry kind of feeling. When I started taking msm internally my 4a/b hair started growing in 4zz. I stopped and then started on it again thinking it may have been smthin else and the same results. Anything I use w mps changes the texture, look and feel of my hair. Why? Could I b allergic?

If you are using ONLY products with MPS - you are only taking care of one part of the protein moisture balance. You should follow up any MPS conditioner with a moisture conditioner (or mix the two together).

I use Megatek which contains MPS. I ALWAYS follow up with a moisture conditioner OR start with a moisture based pre-poo to make sure I am giving my hair moisture.

Also, I find it beneficial to use a clarifying shampoo every few weeks to make sure that you aren't continuing to have a build up of styling product on the hair.

It doesn't sound like an allergic reaction, it just sounds as if you need to refine your regimen.

I agree with mzteaze. Did you increase your water intake when taking MSM? Also, it's not abnormal for your hair texture to change when taking it. And aloe isn't for everyone. I can only use it on top of my conditioner or deep conditioner to kinda lock it in. Other than that, aloe turns my hair into straw

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've never heard of MPS before but my hair feels exactly the same way when i use Aloe Vera Gel. I could never understand why everyone raves about it yet it always left my hair superdry and coated feeling.

I use it on my face because it's great for scaring but if i use it straight without mixing with a little oil, my face feels like it's going to crack.

I've never heard of MPS before but my hair feels exactly the same way when i use Aloe Vera Gel. I could never understand why everyone raves about it yet it always left my hair superdry and coated feeling.

I use it on my face because it's great for scaring but if i use it straight without mixing with a little oil, my face feels like it's going to crack.

Bublin
It seems to me that most people who didn't like aloe Vera, found glycerin to be a great moisturizer. my hair loves aloe vera but hates glycerin. That's why there is a bit of trial and error with these things.

mzteaze you may be on to something. My hair loves aloe but hates glycerin. aloe vera gel does some what give my hair a stiff feeling but once I moist & seal its gone.

@Bublin
It seems to me that most people who didn't like aloe Vera, found glycerin to be a great moisturizer. my hair loves aloe vera but hates glycerin. That's why there is a bit of trial and error with these things.

mzteaze You are right! I tried Sof n Free moisturiser and Curl Activator Gel today and my hair is as soft as butter.
This is strange because years ago i tried S-curl and and that other activator Carefree Gold stuff and it was evil to my hair.

@Bublin

Now it all makes sense! My hair HATES AVG but LOVES ON glycerin hella hard :lol:! But my hair also digs AV Juice: as a matter of fact, I've been following up my Terrascentuals detox with my mist of AVJ, glycerin and distilled water and my hair is so soft, moist and fluffy!

I wonder why my hair likes the Juice and not the Gel? Any thoughts?

OP what products were you using that had mps in them?

Used an Aphogee conditioner the name of which I can't remember, scruples shampoo & condish which have ceramides and mps. The ingredients in those were amazing but the mps ruined it for me. I may revisit them because I used them in conjunction with aphogee conditioner and it may have been protien overload bc they were moisturizing products. I used avg and megatek. I think there was something else but I can't remember what it was. Avg was the absolute worst for my hair. My ends refused to curl and my hair felt very weird for months after using it 2 times. I won't go back to it. I will try adding moisture whenever I go back to scuples. I don't understand why I hear reports of msm making people's hair texture looser but tightened mine.

Also, idk if I should use glycerin bc I live in a very dry climate and I've read that it pulls moisture from the hair if id doesn't have moisture from the atmosphere to pull from. I just bought mizni hydrafuse and roux porosity corrector (bc after using those mps products my hair's porosity was extremely out of wack). My hair is in love with the moisture its getting and retaining with this combo.

Back