My hair has spoken! RANT

MizaniMami

I hate to do it cuz I wanted to stretch to 16 weeks but my hair has spoken. It spoke to me in the form of knots and tangles:lol:. Nothing is cutting it anymore.

I will be 12 weeks on Wednesday and I might go for Thursday. I kinda feel like a failure but I know I can't keep up like this. Do you all think I should wait it out and just be looking for a better detanger?

I washed and DC'ed with Aveda DR poo and Aveda Color Conserve Treatment and added Aveda DR conditioner as my leave-in and my hair had softness outta this world. I added Biolage Spray which did good for me the other day, but it didn't work for me today.

Grrrr, I hate not being in control!

goldensensation said:
If it has been 12 weeks, do it and dont regret it.

How long do you stretch? Last time I was able to stretch for 12 weeks with NO problems.

I am so mad at my hair.:mad:

MizaniMami said:
How long do you stretch? Last time I was able to stretch for 12 weeks with NO problems.

3-4 months. If I go any longer, I have to do more work and the costs start to outweigh the benefits.

Adrian said:
Maybe you should look for another detangler.

I have another detangler coming in the mail. I may wait it out until that comes to see if that works.

Golden, girl thanks for giving me your advice.

I am going to pray on it tonight.

MizaniMami said:
I hate to do it cuz I wanted to stretch to 16 weeks but my hair has spoken. It spoke to me in the form of knots and tangles:lol:. Nothing is cutting it anymore.

I will be 12 weeks on Wednesday and I might go for Thursday. I kinda feel like a failure but I know I can't keep up like this. Do you all think I should wait it out and just be looking for a better detanger?

I washed and DC'ed with Aveda DR poo and Aveda Color Conserve Treatment and added Aveda DR conditioner as my leave-in and my hair had softness outta this world. I added Biolage Spray which did good for me the other day, but it didn't work for me today.

Grrrr, I hate not being in control!

:lachen: I just love a good rant. Mizani, your hair is beautiful so whatever you've been doing you've been doing right. I wouldn't worry so much. If your hair is not responding then it's just letting you know it's time. Listen to your hair...it'll let you know what it needs.

Chayil ::hair whispers humecto::

chayil0427 said:
:lachen: I just love a good rant. Mizani, your hair is beautiful so whatever you've been doing you've been doing right. I wouldn't worry so much. If your hair is not responding then it's just letting you know it's time. Listen to your hair...it'll let you know what it needs.

Girl I herd your whisper loud and clear. :lol: I cowashed with Humecto last wednesday and it helped some. I think that coupled with the Biolage helped out a lot.

I might just try cowashing for the next 6 weeks. But my scalp NEVER gets clean. ArrrrgH! What is I'm gon do?!?!

Have you tried putting your shampoo in a squeeze bottle that has one of those nozzle tips on it? That way you could part your hair, apply the poo to your scalp, put conditioner on the hair, then use your fingers to massage your scalp and work the poo into a lather. That way your scalp will get a shampoo, but your hair will get a cowash. That's how I pre-poo cuz I have dermatitis and the poo for that was drying out my hair so I had to figure out a way to keep it off my hair. HTH!

yourleoqueen said:
Have you tried putting your shampoo in a squeeze bottle that has one of those nozzle tips on it? That way you could part your hair, apply the poo to your scalp, put conditioner on the hair, then use your fingers to massage your scalp and work the poo into a lather. That way your scalp will get a shampoo, but your hair will get a cowash. That's how I pre-poo cuz I have dermatitis and the poo for that was drying out my hair so I had to figure out a way to keep it off my hair. HTH!

No, Actually I never tried that. Sounds great! How did you think of that?

I love shampooing my hair. It never feels stripped or anything. It's them damn knots that's getting me.

Sorry, this may not be the correct place to post the question...looked in the questions and the abbreviation thread did not see it. What is 'slip' I keep seeing it in post..some conditioner or shampoo does or doesn't give good slip:confused:

Thank you,

chayil0427 said:

I think you should go ahead and relax. Girl, I wish I could go 12 wks. Okay, so have you decided if you are gonna do the regular or mild?

Just go for it! 12 weeks is actually a really good stretch. Tangles and breakage isnt worth it :p

mppaul2 - Slip is a term used that references the ease of a comb being able to glide or "slip" through your hair. Ok, so maybe thats not the technical definition but its an abbreviated one :look:

I think 12 weeks is a good stretch! I know you said you've stretched longer in the past, so maybe you got more growth this time or something?

Thanks ladies, I went to sleep last night and I calmed down some. I decided I am going to rollerset this weekend and flat iron. Hopefully this will give my hair some time to get untangled and all the knots come unshedded.

Then I will go back to my old routine (Dcing with KC humecto, detangling, then adding Aveda DR and DCing for another 15 minutes). This helped me out when I stretched last time. I was so caught up in using new products that I forgot how to act lol. I forgot all about this routine.

After i try that on Sun, I will see how that routine works for me. and I will see if I continue my stretch or not.

ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING NEW??? LIKE TAKING BIOTIN OR OTHER SUPPLEMENT???
DONT BE MAD AT YOURSELF I THINK YOU SHOULD RELAX YOUR HAIR WILL THANK YOU AFTERWARDS...

MizaniMami said:

determined_to_grow said:
ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING NEW??? LIKE TAKING BIOTIN OR OTHER SUPPLEMENT???
DONT BE MAD AT YOURSELF I THINK YOU SHOULD RELAX YOUR HAIR WILL THANK YOU AFTERWARDS...

yeah I am taking B150, and horsetail. I never thought of vitamins doing that....:scratchch

just do it cause you stretched for 12 weeks. there's no harm in that. and stop feeling guilty! it's all in the name of hair health and retaintion.

Now I'm in between, part of me wants to keep trying out other methods (ACV rinses, Porosity control, Eqyss Detangler, back to myold regimen and products) and part of me wants to relax and start over. I think I may relax now.

I saw the coolest item in Sally's this weekend so PJ's beware. I'm thinking this can be very helpful to you long haired ladies and should help your tangling issues. Here's a picture. Basically you can sit with your back to the sink and shampoo and condition your hair without making a mess and with less manipulation. I can't vouch for its functionality but it sure looks interesting.

[SIZE=+0]Betty Dain Shampoo Funnel [/SIZE]
260815.jpg
By: Betty Dain Creations

Sally Item #: 260815

Designed for washing hair in an upright position. Ideal for the elderly or disabled.
Adjustable velcro to fit all head sizes
No drips, leaks or mess
Sealed vinyl funnel for water run-off

Listen to your hair and dont try and make it do something it doesnt want to because it will rebel against you and your mission..

I can only stretch 8-10 weeks anything past that defeats the purpose of growing my hair :lol:

If your hair is tangling, shedding and all that no matter what you do its telling you too work it out!

Cayenne0622 said:
I saw the coolest item in Sally's this weekend so PJ's beware. I'm thinking this can be very helpful to you long haired ladies and should help your tangling issues. Here's a picture. Basically you can sit with your back to the sink and shampoo and condition your hair without making a mess and with less manipulation. I can't vouch for its functionality but it sure looks interesting.

[SIZE=+0]Betty Dain Shampoo Funnel [/SIZE]
260815.jpg
By: Betty Dain Creations

Sally Item #: 260815

Designed for washing hair in an upright position. Ideal for the elderly or disabled.
Adjustable velcro to fit all head sizes
No drips, leaks or mess
Sealed vinyl funnel for water run-off

Now why did you show me that and you know I am going to Sallys this week!:lol: I am def. going to check that out.

KhandiB and others I am def. going to relax this week. i already set up my appt. with my sis.

I've been doing 14 week stretches lately even though my hair gets out of control around 11-12 weeks. and you know what i've realized is? Those extra 2 or 3 weeks cause way more harm than good. During those extra weeks, my hair tangles, and it doesn't behave right so therefore I always add more heat to it, and when i am washing it, i get a combful of shed/broken hair. So i said enough already, i am going to stick to 11 weeks....as long as i have enough of newgrowth, then my stylist should not have a problem with overlapping... and i am always careful to add conditioner/oil to my ends so they dont get damaged/reprocessed during a relaxer. So quit beating yourself up, just relax it and enjoy your beautiful well-behaved hair!!!

MizaniMami said:
Now why did you show me that and you know I am going to Sallys this week!:lol: I am def. going to check that out.

KhandiB and others I am def. going to relax this week. i already set up my appt. with my sis.

:D I'm sorry, girl, but I had to post it. Its just interesting looking and I know so many of you guys with shoulder length and longer hair are jumping in and out of the shower doing prepoos, shampoos, deep conditioning, etc. Seems like you can do you initial wash in the shower, slap on your conditioner and then get a barstool or something and sit at the sink to rinse your conditioner rather than running back to the shower. Of course, if you don't have an attachment sprayer (which they also have at Sally's) then you'll be using a big ol' cup of water to rinse your hair and that could pose problematic. :ohwell:

Back