My hair has me confused...please give your advice! LONG

kiesha8185

You guys, I'm so confused, I really don't know what to do with my hair at this point. I'm at a loss as to what I should do to my hair, and I really need your opinions and advice before I make my next move.

Yesterday, I decided to wash my hair with my Amla, Shakaika, and Ritha powders. I mixed some of that with coconut oil and amla oil, then added like 2 cups of water. I put this mixture in my hair with two bowls (to catch the mixture) in the shower. So all was well until some of this got in my eye. :help2: Talk about PAIN! I felt like it was on fire! And I had my contacts still on. So I painfully tried to run cool water in my eyes, and that didn't work, so i jumped outta the shower, took out my contacts, which hurt like :swearing: and I'm just like :stop: forget this I'm done with my hair! I shampooed it out. Then decided to dc overnight cuz i was not touching my hair again, I just wanted to go to sleep. My blind self grabbed the wrong conditioner! :dizzy: I used the conditioner I usually use on henna days, which usually will over moisturize my hair! All my conditioners smell the same since I mixed them all with different things. :wallbash:

Anyway, I rinsed my hair yesterday with cold water and my hair felt unsually mushy and elastic. It wasn't till I saw the conditioner when I realized what I did. I'm like, oh shoot I over-moisturized my hair :whyme:I tried to correct it by putting Emergencia in my hair for an hour, and that didn't work, still mushy. I mixed mayo and egg. Still mushy!! Against my better judgment, just let it air-dry and left the house cuz I didn't have time to worry about my hair. I just put some Keracare Leave-in, Fermodyl 619, and CHI silk infusion in my hair, which is what I usually use to let my hair air-dry soft. But it was madd spongy, so much so that I was too afraid to comb it :perplexed I tried detangling, but my hair felt like gum :nono: I was too scared to touch it so I just pulled it back in a pony.

The thing that has me confused is that my hair has been over moisturized before: it wouldn't hold moisture, it would air-dry like straw, and it would break when wet and dry. But my hair is not acting like this at all. Now, it's fully dry, and it air dried soft and it's not breakage at all. I mean this may sound good, but it literally took me 4 hours to detangle my hair this afternoon. FOUR HOURS!! With about 4 inches of new growth, that is not easy. I had to sit there and detangle STRAND BY STRAND. If I didn't do it this way, I would have had to cut or comb the knots outta my hair. Been there done that, ain't hap'nin! Anyway, not one broken/shed hair came out while I did this. And my hair feels moisturized and super-soft.

So at this point I'm like WTF??? I have about 12 plaits in it now, just wondering what to do. I bought a protein treatment cuz I'm assuming I need protein to fix this. But I just did an Aphogee less than two weeks ago.

So now I’m at a loss. Is my hair really over moisturized? Should I use the Aphogee or some kind of protein, even though I’m not getting any breakage? I’m way to scared to use any moisture. I’m too afraid to wet my hair at this point. Sorry so long guys, I just need help so I can actually be seen in public tomorrow!

ETA: I really think the mixture strengthened my hair. I mean I don’t really get breakage, but not to have any is weird. I will definitely do this again, but will make sure it doesn’t get in my eyes :ohwell:

ETA Again: My mom gave my some solution, and the pain went away in like 5 seconds. My mom can fix anything, I love that lady :grin:

Yeah, you are over moisturized. Try aphogee 2 minute reconstructor or even motions CPR to help fix it. Even if you did protein 2 weeks ago, once you are over moisturized you gotta tip the scale back the other way.

What conditioner over moisturized you? I need that in my life :lol:

Yeah, you are over moisturized. Try aphogee 2 minute reconstructor or even motions CPR to help fix it. Even if you did protein 2 weeks ago, once you are over moisturized you gotta tip the scale back the other way.

I was gonna say the same thing! My hair craves moisture so much that might be just what the Dr. ordered!

OP, you may want to do a stronger protein like nexxus emergencee, etc.

I was gonna say the same thing! My hair craves moisture so much that might be just what the Dr. ordered!

Who you telling...I am touching my hair right now thinking "I wish I could over moisturize you right now":lachen:

Thank you so much reading my long vent and for responding! So you think I need a recontructor over a regular protein treatment? I'm gonna try the CPR since I hear so many good things about it.

The conditioner I used is actually a mix. It probably has about 6 conditioners in it or more, lol. I'm crazy about Dominican conditioners, but the ones that don't detangle well, I mix together with some oil. I'm trying my best to remember which ones for ya..... Capilo's Avocado, Capilo Miel y Leche, Nacidit Crema Acondicionadora Aceite De Olive (olive oil), Nacidit Creme Acondicionadora Germen De Trigo (wheat germ), Another wheat germ conditioner can't rmr the name, Silicon Mix, NTM daily conditioner, and NTM mask and coconut oil. There may be more :look: About to throw my Sole and Cinamon in there too....:grin:

Thank you so much reading my long vent and for responding! So you think I need a recontructor over a regular protein treatment? I'm gonna try the CPR since I hear so many good things about it.

The conditioner I used is actually a mix. It probably has about 6 conditioners in it or more, lol. I'm crazy about Dominican conditioners, but the ones that don't detangle well, I mix together with some oil. I'm trying my best to remember which ones for ya..... Capilo's Avocado, Capilo Miel y Leche, Nacidit Crema Acondicionadora Aceite De Olive (olive oil), Nacidit Creme Acondicionadora Germen De Trigo (wheat germ), Another wheat germ conditioner can't rmr the name, Silicon Mix, NTM daily conditioner, and NTM mask and coconut oil. There may be more :look: About to throw my Sole and Cinamon in there too....:grin:

That is quite a mix there Lady! I need you to bottle that up and sell it :lol:

Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair is the strongest protein for me. Nexxus doesn't act as strong. One thing I should've told you guys...my hair can take unusual amounts of protein....I've done an Aphogee and Nexxus in the same day :look: ...and my hair was fine! :grin: I would henna, but I have wayyyy too much new growth to handle all that right now. Also, all protein treatments make me feel like I permed my hair. i wonder why :rolleyes:

The only thing is that, I usually only do protein when my hair is breaking, and since it's not, I'm just like, what is my hair doing?!

Back