My hair grows like WEED because…

Lebiya

...AND I dont mean growth thats' kinda noticeable… I’m taking bout’ growth makes you go DANG!!!!

Come Next December I MUST be waist, even if I have to use horse stool, I’m on it!

My hair grows like weed because…

What makes your hair grow like weed??

My hair grows like a weed because,

I keep my hair cornrowed up under my wigs..vitiuraly everyday every month.

I still use MN and Tea Tree oil...partnered with massages.

I keep my wash and conditioning method simple.

I keep it moisturized with daily conditioner only washes :yep: and only comb it in the shower with loads of conditioner in it for slip :yep: and I don't use heat or style too often... give me a bun anyday.

Last edited:
Weekly deep conditions, moisturizing, babying those ends. :yep:

Retention is key. Your hair can grow 4 inches a month but if you don't protect your ends it will break off and you'll never see result.

For Me: (1) Keeping it Simple and by simple I mean I Co-wash with Coconut Milk & Honey added, I do a shampoo with Shikaki Powder once a week or Bi- weekly and apply S-curl. I have never had my Twa grow this fast. before I was trying so many products and jumping on every bandwagon, I think my hair didn't know what to do LOL!!

But once I kept it simple it is Flourishing!

Wait...has this function been removed???? mY HAIR GROWS LIKE WEEDS WHEN i KEEP IT MOIST AND BRAIDED!!

eta: fOUND THE THREAD TOOL

Last edited:
My hair grows like a weed because I take care of my body by eating healthy, drinking lots of water, exercising and preventing breakage so that I maintain my length.

The jury's still out. I had a growth spurt last month...let's see if I can do it again before I start talking about my hair growing like a weed all the time. Though I was amazed with how fast it grew (and posted a thread about it), I'll have to keep monitoring it with pics until I come to a final conclusion. I have maintained like a weed if that's possible, all of my new growth, and that's through moisture!

I leave it alone....its about to grow faster cause I am about to apply my LF in a few weeks.

When I keep my hair braided my hair really takes off. I know its because I am way more diligent about keeping it moisturized and I use a lot of homemade sulfur based products when they are in to help with itchies and just because sulfur seems to do it for me.

Also I notice way more growth when I am doing my quart of green smoothie everyday. I need to get back into those. They helped my skin a lot too.

....my daddy's does and I have his hair. For me I think its more genetic than anything that I do...although taking care of myself helps tremendously I think it would grow regardless.

I think that what I do (protective styles, constant moisture, DCs, multivits) makes it grow FASTER than it normally would though. :yep:

Last edited:
Because I have gray hair coming in right in the front, I swear it grows about 3/4 of a inch a month and since I'm not ready to go grey, i have to dye it now, about every 4 to 6 weeks. Until I got gray, I swear, my hair grew twice as slowly.

:ohwell:

I stopped using chemicals in it.
Depending on the time of year, I wash as often as necessary. If that means everyday, so be it.
I conditioner wash my hair everyday.
I'm very selective on my moisturizers. I avoid petrolatum and mineral oil as much as possible.
I don't use heat.
I keep my styling very simple.

Last edited:
Keeping it simple. Wash my hair every 2-5 days (depending on the weather), deep condition every time. Little to no heat (more out of laziness than on purpose lol). Bunning. Basically I went back to what gave me my long hair as a child and as a teen.

I wash often. Depending on the weather, I may co-wash every day and use diluted clarifying poo and diluted poo once a week and DC as well. I pretty much don't comb my hair often. Most of the time my hair is worn in a wash n go or in a twist out initially and then the next mornings to follow just spraying with water and adding conditioner. I also so an Aphogee treatment the first weekend in every month.

I keep my scalp clean, exercise, and do major scalp massages when shampooing once per week.

Also, weekly deep conditioning, keeping my hair moisturized, and keeping my ends from rubbing against my clothes is helping me to retain my length.

i honestly think washing my hair more often causes it to grow faster... i guess a cleaner scalp. in the summer i was cowashing quite frequently and I noticed faster growth... that could just be the summer growth spurt everyone talks about. now i wash my hair 2x a week and my hair is healthier and seems to be growin in faster... plus it smells really good.

#1 for me is exercise. When I ran track in college, my hair would grow like crazy. Now, that I'm lazy it doesn't grow as fast ... unless I have a few good days of working out.

#2 water

#3 massages

My hair grows like a weed when I cut it. I've been trimming/cutting my hair for the past few months, and I still looks the same length. No one even notices that I've been trimming my hair every 2-3 weeks. The more I cut it; the more it grows.

My hair also grows crazy in the summer; ah, yes, that summer growth spurt: LOVE IT!

That's why I'm looking to starting over and bc'ing my hair next week. I'll then be braiding it till the summer and expect it to be SL by then. I had similiar results a couple years ago, where my hair went from half my finger length to SL in less than a year! I also used WGO while my hair was braided!

My hair grows like a weed when I drink protein shakes or eat eggs everyday, and/or consistently take MSM.

I also noticed increased hair growth when I did Bikram yoga.

i honestly think washing my hair more often causes it to grow faster... i guess a cleaner scalp. in the summer i was cowashing quite frequently and I noticed faster growth... that could just be the summer growth spurt everyone talks about. now i wash my hair 2x a week and my hair is healthier and seems to be growin in faster... plus it smells really good.

I agree with this. I got the most noticeable growth when I washed my hair 2x a week. :yep:

My hair grows like WEED because of...

1. Genetics (everyone in my has long hair, the longest being tailbone length)
2. Moisturizing
3. Washing 2x's per week (when I'm not lazy)

Back