my hair doesnt take well with most cheap conditioners.

krissynick

any of you guys experience this problem

even when i co wash... i experience tangles even if i prepoo before like i have no slip...

im really hate spening a lot of money on conditoners but the three that seem to really work well for me are:

kenra
ao
keracare humecton
and ors.. ( this one is not that expensive)

i have used lustrasilk but i havent used it when i have a lot of new growth when i used it so im unsure of it capabilites... im guessing i have really really dry hair.. and my hair tangles and i dont even wash it wild... iim very gentle

Well, excessive tangles only mean one thing (well, not just one thing...lol)....but you may need a trim.... I don't know if your hair is natural or relaxed, but for natural curls, if your hair tangles on its own, that means that there are loose, undetangled hairs left and they can cause tangles and cause more breakage, and make it hard to detangle altogether.

For me, tangles means that I desperately need a trim, but every time I trim, my hair is a.) tangle free, and b.) so easier to moisturize.... I have yet to have any real tangles in about 3-4 months since updating my regime (moisturizing and co-washing daily), but I had to get a good trim first.

Last edited:
Well, excessive tangles only mean one thing (well, not just one thing...lol)....but you may need a trim.... I don't know if your hair is natural or relaxed, but for natural curls, if your hair tangles on its own, that means that there are loose, undetangled hairs left and they can cause tangles and cause more breakage, and make it hard to detangle altogether.

For me, tangles means that I desperately need a trim, but every time I trim, my hair is a.) tangle free, and b.) so easier to moisturize.... I have yet to have any real tangles in about 3-4 months since updating my regime (moisturizing and co-washing daily), but I had to get a good trim first.

hmm im not sure caues my hair has always tangled.. whether trimmed or not..

oh yea im relaxed

How do you cowash? As in, what motions do you make with your hands? I find that in order to reduce tangles when I cowash (or, in general, really) I have to start with mostly tangle free hair, and then work in the same direction as I had previously combed the hair on my scalp, and then rinse out - that way, I'm almost fingercombing my hair the whole time I'm washing it, and no tangles.

I can't really use them either.....Cheaper conditioners are more watery ...that why they're cheaper....I have dry hair so I can't get away with using these type of products either...I need lots of moisture...the thick good stuff:lachen:

Mix about a tablespoon of it with 4 ounces of thick conditioner that already has oil in it instead of throwing it away. :superbanana:

Last edited:
My hair is just plain ole bougie!!! :lachen:

It does not like any cheap conditoners or moisturizers and I've tried them all. It tangles, mats and dries out easily with cheapies, so now my monthy budget includes my conditioners and moisturizers. :look:

Back