My friend could not believe that my hair was simply a rollerset!!!

Girl, when did you change your name????

When sheba1 called you "naturaltobe" I was like "who is she talking to?" :lachen:

I am so in love with BKT. I feel like I have on a wig. It's just so soft and feels moist....although it's not wet. I have not been doing anything special to it at all. This is just an old rollerset --- that has been sweat on a few times too.:lachen:

I am adding my BKT stylist to my phone address book. Although I will only need her every 3 - 4 months, she did an amazing job!! I am not going to even attempt to do this on my own. DH agrees. I have stopped spending so much on my hair since stopping my weaves ($200 hair & $200 - $500 installs for sew-ins & fusion) that a BKT every 3 - 4 months is so much less in comparison that he does not even want me to DIY. Love him:grin:

Gorgeous, Naturaltobe! So silky! I'm definitely getting rejuvenol next. :yep:

Last edited:
I am so in love with BKT. I feel like I have on a wig. It's just so soft and feels moist....although it's not wet. I have not been doing anything special to it at all. This is just an old rollerset --- that has been sweat on a few times too.:lachen:

I am adding my BKT stylist to my phone address book. Although I will only need her every 3 - 4 months, she did an amazing job!! I am not going to even attempt to do this on my own. DH agrees. I have stopped spending so much on my hair since stopping my weaves ($200 hair & $200 - $500 installs for sew-ins & fusion) that a BKT every 3 - 4 months is so much less in comparison that he does not even want me to DIY. Love him:grin:

Your hair looks great. What did you add to the pin curls....any product?
I agree that $99 every 3-4 months is very reasonable. That's like spending $25 to $35 a month. Even I could manage that, by just cutting down on the extras to make sure I could get it done. Either way, your hair looks wonderful.

Thanks for all the documented pics it really helps..

Nope, nothing added. I was so lazy with it that I just parted in 4 sections and did 4 pins curls with no product & a silk scarf. I worked out 3 times this week (hair covered with a cotton scarf) and figured I would need to wash & set again today ... but my hair looked fine after three days of sweating in it. This is just too easy.:grin:

Your hair looks great. What did you add to the pin curls....any product?
I agree that $99 every 3-4 months is very reasonable. That's like spending $25 to $35 a month. Even I could manage that, by just cutting down on the extras to make sure I could get it done. Either way, your hair looks wonderful.

Thanks for all the documented pics it really helps..

Nope, nothing added. I was so lazy with it that I just parted in 4 sections and did 4 pins curls with no product & a silk scarf. I worked out 3 times this week (hair covered with a cotton scarf) and figured I would need to wash & set again today ... but my hair looked fine after three days of sweating in it. This is just too easy.:grin:
Wow....:wallbash: Don't make me think about doing this early. Wow...:think:the idea of my hairstyling being EASY! I could actually be able to wash my hair and not feel tired afterwards.:rofl: I am happy it's going well for you.:yep:

I have had some hour long detanlging sessions with this transition but with this BKT, doing my hair is literally easy. Detangling is a breeze. I remember such tangles that I had to actually rewash my hair and start over because I was losing so many strands. I was so frustrated that I cut my hair the very next day.
http://public.fotki.com/regswife/46-weeks--5-days--r/

With BKT, I am not having any tangling problems at all.

I don't think it's settled in yet (after less than a week with this new Rejuvenol BKT) that this is still my hair - just with a wash out treatment. I did my wash & rollerset in 1 hour tops. I was able to wash (WEN Fig), rollerset and dry (30 minutes under the Pibbs) so that my hair only took 1 hour. This week has been SouthernTease buns and pin curls...on hair that has been filled with sweat at least 3 times.

I am washing it tonight (about to go workout and sweat in it again) and I plan to do a deep condition just for good measure....although it certainly does not feel like I need to dc at all.:grin:

The one thing that is troubling is that my hair feels so great that I am getting away from healthy hair practices. I combed my wet hair from root to tip, I am not moisturizing daily and I am not doing protective styles as much. I have worn my hair out more this week than I ever did although it's much shorter & my ends are probably rubbing on my clothes.

BKT is giving me too much freedom.:grin:

Wow....:wallbash: Don't make me think about doing this early. Wow...:think:the idea of my hairstyling being EASY! I could actually be able to wash my hair and not feel tired afterwards.:rofl: I am happy it's going well for you.:yep:

Last edited:
Back