My freind made me so happy last night!!!!!!!

Hidden_Angel

So,my soccer freind/teamate (we play on a Co/ed indoorteam for the college school) and he was looking at me braids because we went on a little date together he was starting at my hair so hard and I'm like "I know its a mess' (I'm on the Hide your hair until Aprils fool day ) and i had my hair in braids with 1' 1/2 inchs of new growth from my braids and he was like.."your hiar is natural isn't it?" I was like yes...

"WOW! you are ive? always loved afros I bet you look real pretty with your afro?" I was blushing and he was like I know relaxed hair is easier for girls but i also love the fros, I cann't wait until you take them braids out so i can see your fro! .. I was so shocked coming from an African American blackman?! I've had my ex' who wasn't from here was always like "I don't understand why you black woman don't wear your own natural hair" but never did i expect a black guy to say that.. just goes to show you.. cannt judge a book by its cover

You would be surprised as to how many MATURE black men :love: natural hair! I'm not just talking about the "Sharik Abdul-Ghabrib" types or the ones who think you hair is gonna come out looking like 2a-3b... I mean black professionals, college boys, high-school men have absolutely no problem with natural hair. They even love the nappy, kinky, 4a locks, twists, dreds etc. So when are you going to take this one to the alter? You betta do it!!!! According to Essence magazine, he might be the only man to ever give you play in your lifetime.:lol:

bravenewgirl87 said:
You would be surprised as to how many MATURE black men :love: natural hair! I'm not just talking about the "Sharik Abdul-Ghabrib" types or the ones who think you hair is gonna come out looking like 2a-3b... I mean black professionals, college boys, high-school men have absolutely no problem with natural hair. They even love the nappy, kinky, 4a locks, twists, dreds etc. So when are you going to take this one to the alter? You betta do it!!!! According to Essence magazine, he might be the only man to ever give you play in your lifetime.:lol:

:lachen: .. what a backwords life we live!...

My boyfriend now loves natuarl hair, he makes me feel so good about my hair and he supports me all the way and he is black and we are in college...i just love the fact that he lets me be me and he there for me and does not judge me.

My boyfriend now loves natuarl hair, he makes me feel so good about my hair and he supports me all the way and he is black and we are in college...i just love the fact that he lets me be me and he there for me and does not judge me.

My husband comes from a family who all have that "good" hair (whatever that REALLY means), so at first I was scared to go all natural. But when I did my BC, I was suprised at how supportive he was. In fact, he doesn't even like me to wear headbands because he wants the fro all out and about.:lachen: We went to the movies this past weekend, and he rested his head on my hair and said "its so soft...it's better than my pillow at home!" And now, he is all about learning how to take care of natural hair (i.e. he is playing in my hair cabinet at home :ohwell: )

That's awesome!!!

I recently told the guy I'm dating that I was transitioning to natural and he is very supportive as well. But, he already knows that I do whatever I want with my hair anyway, so he better like it...lol.

Back