My first Twist Out - Ever!

lana

Okay so last night I washed my hair....well I conditioner washed it. I only shampoo when I feel like I really need it. So far my scalp has been clean and clear.

So then I began twisting my hair. I wanted to use the "Heavy Sealing Method" (@Bublin) mentioned in the other thread. But I could not find the Dax anywhere. I didn't want to wait to order it online.

But I remembered that I still had some "Hair Food" and Murray's wax for the ends. So....I had already deep conditioned for several hours. Rinsed. Detangled each section and twisted.

After a not too cute braid out attempt I knew to make my twists smaller in size because I have some thick stuff up there. Anyways I did it! I put a tiny bit of Murray's wax on the ends to keep them twisted together, slept with a scarf and sat under the hooded dryer for a moment this morning. Whalla! A twist out! Let me know what you think.

I wore it to work!

My DH said, "It looks delicious!" I told him I was going to quote him for the hairboard! :) (lol)

Anyways I'm happy with the end result. I wore a scarf around it and kinda hid my edges.

The interesting part (to me)....I'm texlaxed. The shrinkage is just out of this world. I'm BSL but twisted out I'm above the shoulders. I hope you can see the pictures.

Attachments

• First Twist Out Ever.jpg
    First Twist Out Ever.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 418
  • Twist Out2.jpg
    Twist Out2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 377
  • Twist Out.jpg
    Twist Out.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 361
I guess I needed some support from my LHCF sista's because I have never worn a twist out or natural hair style outside of my own home before. Yet here I am, at work and it's because of YOU. (lol)

It's beautiful, because it's the way it grows out of my head. :) Now I'm wondering if I should just do it - go natural! (AGAIN)

Honestly I can see that over time I would get better at twisting and maybe one day graduate to a braid out. My first few braid outs just did not look cute. At least this looks like a hair style. I should post a pic of the hair separated with the headband. Let's see...

Beautiful!

:drunk:..cute that your DH said it looks delicious!!

I asked him for a quote for the hairboard and he said I'm trying to make him into one of my hair board girlfriends! I object! (lol) But you guys really have helped me become a true Do It Yourself(er).

By the way, my hair is BSL and all my life (before LHCF) I could NEVER get past Ear length. I never dreamed of having the hair that is on my head right now....Never. Dreamed.

Thanks you guys!

I really think using the "Heavy Sealing" method on the ends helped and my hair feels so moisturized. It smells good too. :)

Okay one of my coworkers just said, "That looks great, when did you get that done, three weeks ago?" I guess it looks like a "perm" for 1c's.

They don't realize I can wash and restyle my hair anytime (lol). Oh well. It was a nice compliment.

Congrats!! I'm thinking about doing a twist-out for the weekend. I used to wear them all the time but I would go to my beautician and have her do it, this time I'm going to try it myself.

very pretty twistout lanahave been my staple style for over a yr.....i put perm rods on my ends and i get a weeks wear out of mine with no re-twisting and smooch mine under a bonnet and fluff in the morning.

Very pretty!!! :drool: at your thickness!!

Really you're making me blush. I thought it was thin compared to my natural hair. I will admit, this style made me wonder why I wasn't natural.

My last texlax didn't even take. My hair is rejecting the creamy crack. :lachen:

Wish my first one came out that beautifully! Awesome JOB!

Well I failed at a couple braidouts....but that was mostly because I can't braid. But girlfriend, I can do the twist. No really, I just randomly twisted sections using Bublin 's heavy sealing method.

I'm giddy on air! :lol:

Well I failed at a couple braidouts....but that was mostly because I can't braid. But girlfriend, I can do the twist. No really, I just randomly twisted sections using @Bublin 's heavy sealing method.

I'm giddy on air! :lol:

lana - i'm so glad 'heavy sealing' worked for you and your hair looks great.

Back