MY FIRST S&D and MINI SELF TRIM!!!!!

AuNaturalMaMa

:yay::party::woot::dance7::bouncy:

So after posting this thead
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=548885

I considered the responses I recieved and decided to take all the suggestions I recieved! :grin:

First, I did a regular wash day. Then I braided into 8 braids and let dry overnight. I kept them in until yesterday night like super late. I was waiting to see how many responses I would get (not many:ohwell:). I took out the braids. I didnt feel like it was straight enough to cut but I was very scared to put an iron in my hair so I blow dried a little on low heat. Then I took up the top half of my hair and I did a search and destroy on my nape. After that I followed Feye's self trim method but I only took off about 1/2 inch. I went for the U-shaped trim.

So here's my results.

IMG-20110604-00052.jpg

Thanks!!!

ETA: Please excuse my drooping which I should I have edited out or something I didn't take too many pics as I still don't have a new camera. I took this with my phone.

Wowee! That sure is a lota hair! You did a great job of trimming, very uniform!

Wowee! That sure is a lota hair! You did a great job of trimming, very uniform!

Yes! In the future I will straighten with an iron. It was hard to handle. I didn't straighten this time because of the damaged ends. Thanks. I was worried it would be lopsided. I can't even cut a piece of paper straight! :lachen:

You did a beautiful job!!! Your hair is definitely healthy, full and gorgeous!!! How long have you been natural? Is this your first s & d since your BC? Sorry I did not see the thread from yesterday.

You did a beautiful job!!! Your hair is definitely healthy, full and gorgeous!!! How long have you been natural? Is this your first s & d since your BC? Sorry I did not see the thread from yesterday.

Garner
:ohwell: I just seen this. I just figured out how to sub. to my own threads! :grin: I started transitioning in April 2008 and BC in April 2009 (2-4 inches of hair depending I had a rhianna cut). So its been like 2 years and 2 months now. I always went to SuperCuts prior to this.

Back