My first Homemade wig! *pics*

Ebonybunny

Hey everyone,

Remember that wig from yesterday (the wig from hell, which got glued to my head :perplexed) , I was able to safely take it off, and it stayed intact :grin: So here are the pics of the infamous wig..... I was inspired to make it by an "Omega part" wig which I purchased, in order to keep my self away from weave .
The total cost was only $20!:drunk:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Sorry about the crumby quality, but this is supposed to show that there is a part in the wig.
picture.php

Looks great! Now, can you make me one? I kid, I kid. Seriously though, how did you make that? I can make a half wig, but I never could master the Omega/Simiweave kind of wig.

I made the wig using a wig cap, and the whole time I was conscious of where I wanted the part to be , so I had to remember to glue the tracks on the same way I would if doing a weave, only to the wig cap and not my own hair (.......lol). its like I had to visualize the placement if the horseshoe pattern leaveout , on the wig cap. When all the tracks were glued down, I ....Well I had to deal with my adhesive situation, and then I cut out the remainder of the wig cap (made a hole where my leaveout was to be). I put wig clips under the cap, on both sides, of the part. And then I put it on, using the weave clips to secure the section where the part is....

I made the wig using a wig cap, and the whole time I was conscious of where I wanted the part to be , so I had to remember to glue the tracks on the same way I would if doing a weave, only to the wig cap and not my own hair (.......lol). its like I had to visualize the placement if the horseshoe pattern leaveout , on the wig cap. When all the tracks were glued down, I ....Well I had to deal with my adhesive situation, and then I cut out the remainder of the wig cap (made a hole where my leaveout was to be). I put wig clips under the cap, on both sides, of the part. And then I put it on, using the weave clips to secure the section where the part is....

I can totally visualize how you did that- thanks for the explanation.

Back