My first henna

Tootuff

Hi all,
With reading about all the great reviews of henna I decided to try it this past weekend and I love the color but it make my hair very dry. I now understand that was from the acv so I will not use next time I henna but I did not use gloves and now I have orange fingernails:( . Does anyone know how to get rid of this. I have been washing my hands and using fingernail polish remover since Saturday and they are still orange:perplexed .
TIA

Tootuff said:
Hi all,
With reading about all the great reviews of henna I decided to try it this past weekend and I love the color but it make my hair very dry. I now understand that was from the acv so I will not use next time I henna but I did not use gloves and now I have orange fingernails:( . Does anyone know how to get rid of this. I have been washing my hands and using fingernail polish remover since Saturday and they are still orange:perplexed .
TIA

Uh Oh, I don't know how to fix that but that exactly what the BAQ Henna is used for staining skin and nails :ohwell:

As for your hair, do a deep moisturizing treatment...I had the same thing happen and my hair is back to normal. My hair loved the ORS Replenishing pack after I dried it out.

The henna should wear off eventually. Maybe a nail buffer will help remove the color from your fingernails.

I always follow my henna up with a DC and the result is strength and softness. HTH.

:)

Congrats for your first henna !!!:)

I give you my tips to avoid dryness: I use only hot water and oil (castor oil, argan oil etc), no acid terps like ACV or lemon juice.

Remember to wear gloves when applying and even when rinsing if you do not want your hands to be stained.

I don't know what can remove henna from your fingernails, sorry. But I'm sure someone else can help you better than I do about that.

They've found 3,000 year old mummies with henna'd fingernails. :eek:

I've dyed my fingernails and palms by accident before. It lasted about 1-2 weeks. About the same as my henna tattoos.

Amylee said:
Congrats for your first henna !!!:)

I give you my tips to avoid dryness: I use only hot water and oil (castor oil, argan oil etc), no acid terps like ACV or lemon juice.

Remember to wear gloves when applying and even when rinsing if you do not want your hands to be stained.

I don't know what can remove henna from your fingernails, sorry. But I'm sure someone else can help you better than I do about that.

Will I still get the color with just hot water and oil? Can I still use the alma powder that I have or does that also make it drying.

Tootuff said:
Will I still get the color with just hot water and oil? Can I still use the alma powder that I have or does that also make it drying.

You'll still get color using just water, but you can also add some olive oil or another oil to keep it from drying out your hair so much. The alma powder doesn't dry out my hair, it actually make it sort of fluffy and bouncy,I like it. :D

Tootuff said:

If you let the henna mixture sit overnight in a warm area the color should release on its own. I still got color with mine but I put it in the oven for 20 mins. I don't recommend that to everyone. I had to watch it constantly to make sure it did dry up on start cooking. :lol: Next time I will sit it on top of the warm oven as another lady suggested.

Sorry, your hair came out dry on the first try. Mine did too but I still loved the color and the strength. I deep conditioned and moisturized like crazy for the next 3 days and my hair returned to normal. The second henna attempt was the BOMB!! No dryness at all...love..love...love. Good luck on the second application. Wait a couple of weeks.

I read on a site that bleach will help make the color stain on hands/nails go away faster. But if it's not too bad, I would just wait for it to go away on its own.

I recently did my first henna two weeks ago and found it very drying to my hair as well. I tried again this weekend using hot water, lavender oil, a lil conditioner and cinnamon. I LOOVE how my hair came out this time. Very strong. It's has a lil redish tint and it's very shiney! I was laughing when I read this thread bc I didnt use gloves and had an orange hand when I was done. Yes, I had ONE orange hand bc I only used one hand to apply:perplexed. I know I'm strange, anyway I washed repeatedly with a buffing cream and it came off after 3-4 days. HTH

Congradulations on your first henna treatment!!!!!. I'd leave the acv out next time. Also, i always deep condition after a henna treatment and my hair is soft and fluffy afterwards.

Back