My first flexirod set

asubeauty

I've been wanting to try flexirods for a while, especially since I got my layers. This is my first try, so maybe I'll get a little better next time.

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

These pics show the flexirods while they were in. I had to use some of my mom's magnetic rollers in the front because I ran out of flexirods. Please excuse how bootleg it is, but ya gotta make it work, you know? :lol:

The results:

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

I had those 3 curls that were hanging low. I pinned them up until the rest of my hair kind of fell when it was even with those looser curls.

Very pretty. I have tons of flexirods and I have layers as well. I might attempt to try to do a set again. Did you let your hair air dry or did you get under the dryer?

Very good for your first time!:) I'm going to go out this weekend and purchase some lexirods and try it myself!

I love your curls; they're so bouncy and pretty. I think you did a great job.

I know how you feel when you've run out of flex-rods and just have to make due. I would leave the remaining part out, dry the rest of the rolled hair, and when my hair was dry, I would take the rollers out, re-wet, and roll the remaining hair, then sit back under the dryer. Ya do what you gotta do!

TSUprincess04 said:
I love your curls; they're so bouncy and pretty. I think you did a great job.

I know how you feel when you've run out of flex-rods and just have to make due. I would leave the remaining part out, dry the rest of the rolled hair, and when my hair was dry, I would take the rollers out, re-wet, and roll the remaining hair, then sit back under the dryer. Ya do what you gotta do!

OT:
TSU no your meez is not doing the Michael Jackson Thriller dance! LOL!!!!!

ASU: Loving the curls!!!! I know you didn't sleep with all them flexirods in your hair? Looks painful!

Thanks for sharing! Fabulous job!! How did you get the flexirods to stay in your hair without bending them? When I did mine I had to bend them all kind of directions to get them to hold. Here is a pic of the end result.
Hair 002.jpg

Very pretty, asubeauty and Cayenne! I really need to try this out with my flexirods. I've been so lazy when it comes to hairstyles lately.:look: I love the curly look with a headband.

preciousjewel76 said:
Very pretty, asubeauty and Cayenne! I really need to try this out with my flexirods. I've been so lazy when it comes to hairstyles lately.:look: I love the curly look with a headband.

Thanks! ASU's curls came out so wonderful and shiny. I'm still curious to know how she got her flexirods to hold in hair so effortlessly. The next time I do it I'm going to take a picture so you guys can see how I had to bend and manipulate the crap out of the rods to keep them from falling out. :lol:

I would love to try this. How did you secure the rods?

You need to give lessons or maybe I can come up to Alcorn and let you do a set for me.

Thank you everyone!!!

It's hard to explain how I parted my hair. I started from the bottom, parted straight across (kind of how you flat iron your hair starting from the bottom), and then curled sections around the flexirod, starting at the bottom of the rod. I bent the flexirod in the opposite direction of the curl (usually I curled to the right, and bent the flexirod to the left). It felt kind of loose until I got a few rods in, but they were more secure than I thought they would be.

I continued parting that way all the way to the front. I kind of sat under the dryer. :lol: Of course they didn't fit, but I found that if I sit straight, I could get the crown dry, and then I tried to turn and tilt until I thought my whole head at least felt some hot air. They dried more quickly than I thought they would (about an hour).

I used Lottabody setting lotion (but I didn't dilute it as much as usual), and when it dried I sprayed it with an oil sheen spray and Herbal Essences Set Me Up. (I probably won't buy it again because it has alcohol, but it smells good. :) )

Next time I do it, I'll take pics of the whole process, so it'll be easier to explain.

PS: Your flexirod set is pretty, Cayenne! And I would love to so a flexirod set for you, DLewis. :D

Last edited:
I can't wait to see your set Dlewis. I have the rods and I've done a few sets but they only last a day or two for me.

I'm finally trying this tonight. I bought everything I needed last march.:lachen:

Last March......:lachen:...that's almost a whole year, D. You good...I would have had those thing out before I got home and would have tried to do a set immediately....:lachen:

I can't wait to see how yours turn out...I know it's going to look great!!!

Last March......:lachen:...that's almost a whole year, D. You good...I would have had those thing out before I got home and would have tried to do a set immediately....:lachen:

I can't wait to see how yours turn out...I know it's going to look great!!!

:lachen:I've been looking at them but I'm scarred to death to use them. I would hate to spend two hours under the dryer and hate it. But tonight is the night.

Oooh, those are CUTE!! Hrrrmmmm. I strolled past them when I was loking for some hairpins last week..... *makes note to self of new style for longer/outer hair*

Back