My First Flat Iron in 2011

AuNaturalMaMa

Soooo........even though I told myself I would wait a whole year before flat ironing, which would be Dec. I CAVED! I had a dream Tues. I had relaxed my hair and it was WL and I was whipping the heck out of it! I thought about it and figured it was a sign that I just needed to see myself with straight hair.

Wed. I washed DC applied CHI silk infusion and braided. Took loose this evening and did the deed. It went well. I put a lil bump on my ends and then when I took the picture I realized I should have left it straight to check length. I'm claim BSB cause I wear my bra super low hopefully in the next 2 to 3 months Ill be BSL. Imma dust tomorrow and take off about 1/4 inch so that put me back a little but totally work the healthy ends.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-20110707-00302.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00302.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG-20110707-00309.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00309.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG-20110707-00322.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00322.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 546
Wow! You did an awesome job in flat ironing while keeping it simple the whole time :yep:

P.S. I dreamed last night that I colored my hair. I can definitely say that that won't be happening, but a flat iron I could deal with.

Last edited:
Wow! You did an awesome job in flat ironing while keeping it simple the whole time :yep:

P.S. I dreamed last night that I colored my hair. I can definitely say that that won't be happening, but a flat iron I could deal with.

Thanks. My hair does so much better when I keep it simple...regi, products, styles. I want some color too! Maybe a rinse.....but I want it lighter.

Lovely, Lovely Hair!!! :grin:
Good for you for going with your intuition and straightening your hair--And it's so thick! Oooh girl I know you're gonna enjoy your hair this weekend!! :yep:

I love your hair!!! The fullness, thickness and sheen is just absolutely gorgeous! Regimen please. :)

Your hair is so beautiful! I think you can skip BSL because that equals MBL. My bra sits the same way and once I hit full BSL, it will basically be MBL.

Your hair is absolutely lovely...and I would agree with the other posters- you are a low-bra wearer like myself! Claim MBL...on to WL!!!

Its not much but it works for me.....here it goes.

Wash every other week with treseme naturals shampoo(pre poo with mane n tail these weeks)
Every alternate week I co wash with v05 strawberries
DC every week alternate ORS pack and Shea Moisture DEep Treatment Mask
I do a ACV rinse.
I finger detangle while washing. Then I SIT DOWN to detangle. I'm lazy!
I use a 1part glycerin 3parts distilled water n spray my hair. I add lots of Giovanni Direct leave in. Then I detangle with just a wide tooth comb. I seal my WET ends with castor oil.

Styles: mostly braid outs, no wash and go's out, only wash and go ponys or wet buns, and other random styles. I'm not a big PS I try but I'm focus really hard on keeping my ends hydrated and sealed.

I dust/trim my own ends now using feye method but before I went to Supercuts.

That's it..........boring huh?

Last edited:
I wish my ends were that thick. Eh idk what to do to get thick ends. Like fighting a losing game.

Sent from my Droid using Droid

Back