My First Flat Iron! And I Used Crisco! *Pics*

pookaloo83

This is not thread worthy and this is my first hair thread so bare with me.

tumblr_lnogkskqhp1qehyis.gif

Here's my background. I bc'd in April of last year and I transitioned for 6 months.

The day I bc'd

panbc2-2.jpg

My hair today was a puff:

44d01753-664d-a5c1.jpg

My hair before the flatiron

d8fa4347-1.jpg

Now bear with me. I had baby pook who's 3, take most of these pics cause DH is at work. :drunk:

8c2e292f.jpg

My ends look a lil jacked. :look:

90968264.jpg

55d36260.jpg

9d0c736a.jpg

4b4d781e.jpg

Lil pook took that one. :rolleyes: :lol:

I always used to pin curl my hair when I was relaxed and got this look. And I always wore with a banana clip.

picture.php

picture.php

I will post how my hair looks tomorrow once it's styled. I'll probably end up doing my banana clip 'do.

Thanks for looking!

172107_o.gif

You did a good job! Your pony looks nice and shiny. How much heat did you use?

I'm tickled pink over baby Pook taking the pix!:lol: The baby is better at taking pix than I am!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
Your hair looks really nice and shiny!!! Good job!

Are you pleased with the crisco oil and will you use it again?

Your hair looks really nice and shiny!!! Good job!

Are you pleased with the crisco oil and will you use it again?

I have very fine hair. I used a swipe or half a swipe but it still looked stick straight and greasy. but once I brushed with my denman it started to get a lil flowy. I like it! I will be using crisco from now on! Plus it's only 2.99! :lachen:

I just hope my hair reverts back!:look:

I have very fine hair. I used a swipe or half a swipe but it still looked stick straight and greasy. but once I brushed with my denman it started to get a lil flowy. I like it! I will be using crisco from now on! Plus it's only 2.99! :lachen:

I just hope my hair reverts back!:look:

What temp did you use your flatiron? I think anything under 400 degrees should cause you no problems. I know it's a little scary when it's your first time flatironing :yep:

What temp did you use your flatiron? I think anything under 400 degrees should cause you no problems. I know it's a little scary when it's your first time flatironing :yep:

I have a chi. I just put the bar in the middle. Not too hot and not too warm. The highest is I think 460?

Very nice and great progress.
......but more to the point i think lil pook is a budding photographer.....going to start training my 2 and a half year old!

Well Baby Pook did a great job! I think your hair looks good.

I did my daughter's hair last week with the Maxi glide & Crisco. I too was pleased with the results. Her hair is very thick 4a & 4b in the crown. I let it air dry and before flat ironing, I used a dab of Crisco using the tension method to dry the rest of her hair. I was especially pleased how smooth her ends were and only had to do 2 passes with the maxi glide.

Well Baby Pook did a great job! I think your hair looks good.

I did my daughter's hair last week with the Maxi glide & Crisco. I too was pleased with the results. Her hair is very thick 4a & 4b in the crown. I let it air dry and before flat ironing, I used a dab of Crisco using the tension method to dry the rest of her hair. I was especially pleased how smooth her ends were and only had to do 2 passes with the maxi glide.

And I only had to do 1 pass! I flatironed when I was transitioning with fantsasia serum and had to do at least 3 passes.

You and baby Pook did a great job! Glad the Crisco worked for your hair because I have fine hair too and plan to use it when I flat iron next year for a length check.

pookaloo83 One pass with crisco?! Now you have me all up in here thinking about going to the store tomorrow lol.

BTW: those gifs and the baby photographer comment has me cracking up! I can just picture the excitement behind the camera.

@pookaloo83 One pass with crisco?! Now you have me all up in here thinking about going to the store tomorrow lol.

BTW: those gifs and the baby photographer comment has me cracking up! I can just picture the excitement behind the camera.

:lachen:And that was a bad move on my part, cause now she says mommy "can I take picture of you again?" Might as well train her now! :lachen:

Your hair looks really nice. I may have to give crisco a try if I decide to straighten for my two year mark.

Your hair looks great, Pook! Can you send Baby Pook over so she can take some pics of me and the family? LOL Photographer in training :)

Back