My First Flat Iron! And I Used Crisco! *Pics*

Wow, you guys are forcing my hand on buying crisco and I am not even flatironing any time soon!

It looks nice. Congratulations on your progress.

Let us know how it holds up in terms of frizzing and pre-mature reverting.

It looks nice. Congratulations on your progress.

Let us know how it holds up in terms of frizzing and pre-mature reverting.

I will! My patient was in the shower today and I had to watch him. It was steamy in there and I was like oh hell no! I cant be letting this revert! It looked like it wanted to puff up.

Your hair looks good and three year olds can be crafty with a camera. I have to hide my camera from dd.

***puts Crisco on shopping list***

:clap: Excellent job, Pook. It really looks great. And tell Baby Pook she did a great job with the photo. At 3 years of age, her photo looks better than many of the photos I see on this forum. :lol:

Congrats. I too used the Crisco to flat iron my hair. My first time flat ironing since I have been natural this second time. My hair came out extremely straight. I was able to get it straight on heat setting 1 of the GVP Mini Travel Iron. It has been two weeks with it straight. I have washed it and it reverted with no problem. I am sure when you wash your hair it will be fine.

ok yeah i'm using the crisco i bought last week to flatiron with sunday when i do my hair cause your hair looks great! i can't believe that's just with one pass, wow.

Here's my hair this mawnin!

bf040daf.jpg

0ebfcdc1.jpg

ec6460a6.jpg

I pincurled last night using Qhemets twist butter

That looks awesome. How do you do a pincurl..or is it just how it sounds..:look:

Looks amazing and it's so nice to see your pretty face once in a while!! You've made a lot of progress from last year.

Very nice cuzzin :up:
Now you gonna have all the crisco gone at walmart. You know we PJ's and bandwagon peeps around here. :lol:

Your hair is lovely, Pook. Great progress and great camera work by lil' Pook I, too, am jealous of your flatiron job. Mine still doesn't come out that nice!

Good results, will you trim your ends? Also, did you use any other product like heat protector?

Sent from the smart aleck Siri using LHCF

Been off the forum for a bit and just now seeing this. So glad you took the plunge on the flat iron with Crisco. :yay:Your hair turned out really nice. My flatironed lasted a little over a week. I still haven't washed it yet, just been wearing bantu knot outs and twistouts. My roots are still pretty straight. Nice pics by baby pook.:yep:

Good results, will you trim your ends? Also, did you use any other product like heat protector?

Sent from the smart aleck Siri using LHCF

**SaSSy** I used Chi's iron guard to blowdry and just crisco when I flatironed. Next time though, I think I'll skip the flatiron and use my curlformers to stretch my hair instead.

Say what now...people are using Crisco to flat iron hair??? I thought I knew it all. Where have I been? And how do yall use this here Crisco?

Back