My First (And Probably Last) Attempt At A Bantu Knot Out ... *PICS*

I just added a picture of the back to the OP :nono:

OP I saw the pics in the back and I only notice on the right side it did not look well define ( pic was a little hazy). That side may have been still wet when you took out the bantu knots.

Ladies once she sees that the curls are not as define as she wants can she not just add a little more product and put it back in the bantu knot?

I still like your results. Have you decided to give it another try?

Thank you for adding the back shot so we can see what you were talking about.

Ummmmm I think I'm on the "your hair looks amazing" bandwagon :lachen: Don't know why you thought it didn't look good but ur making me want to try some bantu knots right now! Go girl!

That is really pretty for your first time. I bet if you kept trying, you'd perfect it, to your liking. I think you did a good job.

Thanks everyone!

I am attempting this again tonight with 98% dry hair (just used a little moisturizer), 6 Bantu Knots and 3 flexirods at the bottom (near my neck).

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will come out alright. :look:

cosigning, very cute. they look really.. REGULAR too. Mine always look all kinds of different. sometimes they just fuzz.

I have seen some beautiful bantu knot outs on YT lately so I thought that I would try one on myself.

Yes, I continue to be stylistically challenged :blush:.

I put in 10-14 bantu knots yesterday afternoon on 70% dry hair and my hair was still wet 12 hours later. So, I dried my hair under the Pibbs and it was still wet :wallbash:.

I then loosened the bantus and sat under the Pibbs for 30 more minutes and my hair finally dried.

Does anyone have any tips on what I could have done better?

Here is the evidence :blush::

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

ETA: Here is a pic of the back (a few hours later with the clip taken out) I need to find a way to get the back more defined:

Pic3.jpg

Keep doing them--it looks very nice!:grin:

Back