MY FHI flat Iron Broke!

brownsuga_91

MY FHI flatiron Broke! Need suggestions for a replacement!

I'm sooooooooooo bitter man, i bought this iron for $90 last Easter PLUS
$20 for shipping from folica.com and now its broke :mad: ! It wasn't even a great iron to begin with, it smoked like crazy everytime i used it n i believe it was burning my hair. It left my hair straight but also left it with this nasty burn smell. I would have to use maximum heat for it to get my post 2 month relaxer hair straight. One day it was just stopped working, i plugged it in, turned it on and nothing! I know i didn't do any harm to it i didn't even drop it once, no water damage or anything. I sent it back for the warranty n they're sending me a new one but i'm thinking of selling the one they send me and buying a sedu.

Sooo... have ya'll had any problems with ur FHI iron and any ideas for a good replacement?

Last edited:
:eek:, I've had my FHI 207 RVI for about a year with ZERO problems. I also only need to turn it up to about 300 degrees and it would get my 19 week post texlax hair sleek and straight. Sorry about your bad experience,:ohwell: according to the owner of the BSS where I bought it, they are the bet irons on the market.

SohoHair said:
:eek:, I've had my FHI 207 RVI for about a year with ZERO problems. I also only need to turn it up to about 300 degrees and it would get my 19 week post texlax hair sleek and straight. Sorry about your bad experience,:ohwell: according to the owner of the BSS where I bought it, they are the bet irons on the market.

same here. But, depending on the product I use, I may have to turn it up higher. I think post ironing product matters.

Also, brownsuga_91, those have a 1 year warranty. You should take advantage of that! Folica is an authorized seller so you should have no problem with the warranty.

Mines 4 years old and its still working.
However my sedu broke a month ago :mad:. I was so mad because it was expensive.

To be honest I think the fhi makes my new growth straighter. The sedu is a great iron and doesnt give much a burning smell as the fhi. Thats weird thatyou have to use the highest heat to get it straight but...I guess all hair types are different. I think with thicker hair you might have to use a higher heat.

I heard the solia was good. Its cheaper than the sedu I think.

brownsuga_91 said:
I'm sooooooooooo bitter man, i bought this iron for $90 last Easter PLUS
$20 for shipping from folica.com and now its broke :mad: ! It wasn't even a great iron to begin with, it smoked like crazy everytime i used it n i believe it was burning my hair. It left my hair straight but also left it with this nasty burn smell. I would have to use maximum heat for it to get my post 2 month relaxer hair straight. One day it was just stopped working, i plugged it in, turned it on and nothing! I know i didn't do any harm to it i didn't even drop it once, no water damage or anything. I sent it back for the warranty n they're sending me a new one but i'm thinking of selling the one they send me and buying a sedu.

Sooo... have ya'll had any problems with ur FHI iron and is the sedu a good replacement?

I agree with you. If my hair has too much product in it ..it wont straighten well. The lesser the better. Deep conditioning also helps too.

I usually just wash, deep condition, put in a leave in and air dry. Then put in a dime amount of serum (fxsilk drops) and then flat iron. Thats it.

HoneyDew said:
same here. But, depending on the product I use, I may have to turn it up higher. I think post ironing product matters.

Also, brownsuga_91, those have a 1 year warranty. You should take advantage of that! Folica is an authorized seller so you should have no problem with the warranty.

Back