My Fellow Employee needs Advice!

atate

Good Morning Everyone-

A fellow employee of mine who is a white woman, recently put a relaxer on top of her curly perm. She has been wearing a curly perm for several years and wanted to get rid of it without having to cut all her hair off. So yesterday evening she bought a relaxer kit.. and.. combed it through her entire head. Yes, she did!
spank.gif
Most of us would agree that that was a terrible idea considering she had a curly perm in her hair already. So she left the relaxer on for a few minutes and rinsed it out. Now today.. she comes into the break room to ask me about relaxers.. Ha Ha.. I wonder why she decided to ask me??? Hmm..

But anyway, she wanted to know how often she should wash her hair because she is afraid of her curly perm coming back and having to blow dry it everyday. Also, she said that since she relaxed it, everytime she washes it her hair feels like straw and started breaking off. And she asked me for suggestions. I know that if that was my hair I would have to cut it off because what she did was a recipe for diaster. But her hair is different than mine and I don't really know what to suggest to her?

I told her that she should use a protein conditioner like GPB and do hot oil treatments. Do you ladies have any other suggestions for her.

She'll need to use a deep conditioner w/heat at least once a week and stay away from the blowdryer & curling irons for a while.

I don't think oil is a good idea for caucasian hair
think.gif
- I could be wrong though.

I know a co-worker who use a little jojoba oil with success. Tell her to use it sparingly. It is not heavy an greasy feeling and will help soften her hair up. And then tell her to never relax it again(unless she want's to be bald). Just grow it out.

i agree that she should cut it if its damaged but if not then she should stay away from heat as much as possible and use gentle shampoos and continue to deep condition it.
~Lauren

Back