My experience using my K-Cutter

fancypants007

It was the D'bomb. After washing my hair, I sectioned my hair and applied gobs and gobs of St. Ives conditioner, per Jade's recommendation. I purchased the Vanilla and Edelweis, Aloe and Echineca, Raspberry and Jojoba, and Camille and Sunflower conditioners (2 each) so I have plenty. As I was saying i put the conditioner on each section and then I loosely braided them. I sit under my hair steamer for about 40 minutes. I left the conditioner on my hair for an additional 2-3 hours. I usually stand on my feet in the bathroom and detangle my hair, but this time I decided to sit in my bed and I took down each braid and proceeded to detangle adding more conditioner if necessary. I just took my time using the K-cutter comb. After I finished detangling I loosely braided it back up and proceeded to the next braid. After I was finish, I kept the braids in my hair and jumped in the shower to rinse the conditioner out. Afterwards, I took down each braid and added my african pride leave in conditioner and some castor oil and combed thru with the k-cutter and the comb just glided through my hair. Now what was I fussing about when I said I needed a product that would make my hair soft. My hair was so soft and moisturized. I never combed conditioner through my hair, I always rinsed it out and then proceeded to detangle. I then added my woc gel because it is moisturizing particularly on my ends, put on some african pride miracle hairdressing and braided each section little more tightly and then added vaseline to my ends. I also lost very little hair during the detangling process. I've decided to wash my hair every 3 days and condition it using this process to see if it will grow more. I want to get at least 3-4 inches by July. I love the St. Ives conditioners. The smell is heavenly and true to Jade's words, very detangling and moisturizing. Thank you Jade, and Thank you Irresistible for telling us about the K-cutter. It is my secret weapon as well.

Yaaay, another K-Cutter convert! That's one big comb, but it gets the job done!

I can't wait until my comb comes in the mail!
grin.gif

Please tell me where I can order this K-comb from!!! I'm in Dallas, can I get it at Sally's??? Or do I have to order it. I'm transitioning and this sounds like the perfect tool for me!

Tawana, I just took my hair out of braids which was in for about 6 weeks and when I measured, my hair was about 26.5 inches long, and yes it will work for your hair as well. It still is work to detangle as you well know, but the k-cutter just makes the job easier. I ordered my k-cutter from ebonyline.com

Yes, the K-Cutter is great. I picked 2 of them up at a local BSS and used it on my daughter's naturals this weekend. I detangled her hair while the conditioner was still in adn it was a dream. HUGE THANKS to whoever it was that posted about this comb.

Another K-cutter convert here! I first heard about it from Nay (thank you Nay!), and I've been using it for about 1 month. I absolutely love it! It should be a must for everybody with natural hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Yes, the K-Cutter is great. I picked 2 of them up at a local BSS and used it on my daughter's naturals this weekend. I detangled her hair while the conditioner was still in adn it was a dream. HUGE THANKS to whoever it was that posted about this comb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, armyqt - you're in the DC metro area, right? What BSS did you get your comb from? I want one, but I'm not trying to pay S&H.
TIA
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, armyqt - you're in the DC metro area, right? What BSS did you get your comb from? I want one, but I'm not trying to pay S&H.
TIA
smile.gif

Actually, I'm in Northern Virgina. I picked my up in Fredericksburg @ a BSS. I have two of them and you can have one if you want it. I can always get another.

I have GOT to get the K Cutter; I'm sure it would have saved me at least a forth of an inch of hair this weekend!
cry3.gif

K-Cutter? You mean those old school big a** combs that we used to pick our 'fro out in the 70's?? with the long teeth about 3-4 inches long?
Oooo-wee! I remember those!!!
laugh.gif

My hair is just crazy thick and you know it was outta control when I was 7 in the 70's and every one was trying to get their fros to reach astronomical heights- so my mom didn't do anythin with my hair, just wash and comb and that fro was out there~ The K-Cutter felt ssoooo good on my scalp, because I could reach it! My afro was longer than my fingers!!!
Like those little girls in sassygirls post!

Does this comb only work well on natural hair or can it be used on relaxed hair?

Mermaid, did we take you back to the day, girl?
smile.gif

Yeah, my brother Greg had a big Foster Sylvers' afro. I'm sure my very first K-Cutter was one I "stole" from him. I've been using them ever since.

Tee, I use my K-Cutter to comb my hair whether my hair is afro-thick or pressed straight. It will work on any hair, but it is really a must-have if you have THICK natural hair.

I'm glad it worked well for you( i knew it would) i could not live without it i swear....my daughter now says the same thing. its just one of those things that you end up being real real thankfull someone thought of making.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:

Tee, I use my K-Cutter to comb my hair whether my hair is afro-thick or pressed straight. It will work on any hair, but it is really a must-have if you have THICK natural hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the only comb i use on my pressed hair too Nay, unless im combing it up into a pony tail then i use a smaller comb...but to just run it through it when its pressed its the bomb....i just wish it fit in purses a little easier
ohwell.gif
...you gotta have a big purse to carrry it around
laugh.gif
....and why do folks clown you about using it? omg ive been clowned so many times its so halarious to me though....i just laugh with them and keep right on using it...but here i am with my hair all pressed and folks trip da hell out when i pull that big ole thang out to comb my hair...i cant help but laugh too though
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm gonna be honest..i can get as many K cutter's as i want at my local beauty supply store...and i do stock up (in case they ever become hard to find then i would straight lose my mind lol)...when my daughter was just learning how to use it she was breakin the teeth off lol....i cant send a whole bunch out (for free), but maybe one or two , let me know.

Back