My Dominican Dilemma

LadyBlu

OK ladies, I have decided to just give up on doing my own hair and pay someone to do it. My issue is that I have a really good Dominican stylist, but she INSISTS on blowing me out in some form after a roller set.

I am 9 weeks post and wanted my hair to look decent for the start of my new job, so I got a roller set. She is so good at roller placement that my texlaxed hair was totally straight at the roots when she took the rollers out. I told her just to wrap my hair after removing the rollers, but she insisted on blowing out the roots.

To be honest, I don't like the way that step looks. I have extremely fine hair, so the blow out seems to make my hair look dull and dry and it kinda sticks to my head.

Ironically, there was another lady in the salon that wanted the same thing I did...a no blow set (basically a doobie). Are Dominicans just not familiar with this style? The stylist doesn't seem to understand that I WANT curls left in my hair to make it look thicker. Any suggestions?

I want to keep going to her because she texlaxes well and for the most part does a really good job on my hair. I just have to get past this little hump.

i've never been to a dominican stylist before but since i've been hearing so much good feedback i made an app. yesterday to go tomorrow. i told them to leave it curly but blow the roots out. i have fine hair too so now i'm not sure if i want my roots blown out.

IDK why your stylist keeps insisting on blowing your hair out. Mine never insists she does what I tell her to do. If I dont want a blow out and just want to walk out after she pulls the rollers out she does that. Just as if I tell her i want a doobie with pins or for her to pincurl my hair. Just be firm with her when you tell her no blowdryer. My salon charges extra for a blow out anyways.

Back